The Strategic Sourcing Manager is responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategies to deliver a competitive advantage related to product sourcing with a focus on driving profit enhancement and enabling differentiated product development. This person will establish reliable supply chains, negotiate terms and conditions for cost efficiencies, ensure delivery of quality product, and drive product development opportunities. Also, will also ensure sourcing processes and procedures are fully integrated to support internal business needs and company objectives. This person will collaborate with stakeholders to ensure that our sourcing knowledge, relationships, and investments are effectively and efficiently leveraged.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plans, develops, and implements global sourcing strategies through the establishment of short/long-range objectives, change management, performance goals, and metrics for each spend category.
- Responsible for supplier relations, including coordination of contracts, terms, training, meetings, conferences, education, marketing programs, and customer service & product issues. Enforce agreements with suppliers to ensure quality requirements, target pricing, and estimated lead times are met.
- Responsible for the logistics of the globally sourced products, which includes transportation alternatives to maximize efficiency and effectiveness to support business operations. Develops and manages relationship(s) with international freight forwarder(s).
- Directs and executes budgetary cost reduction programs and initiatives that facilitate achievement of r business unit goals and financial targets.
- Assures the appropriate use of capital and financial resources. Generates analytics to support these positions.
- Responsible for new product development and the product development process to include custom client-driven products.
- Manages the development of and adherence to policies/procedures to ensure goods and services are available to business units and collaborates closely with quality/regulatory and supply chain to ensure working practices are implemented that ensure sufficient inventory levels and/or supply chain availability to support all events to avoid negative budgetary/P&L impacts.
- Conducts industry specific research, benchmarking, financial and business analytics for long range pricing and buy rationalizations.
- Contributes to strategic direction for the company.
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
BS/BA in business administration, marketing, engineering, or related area. Individual should have a minimum of seven to ten years of broad, progressive experience in sourcing and operations-related functions.
Exemplary analytical skills. Individual should have the ability to define strategic initiatives and execute in a profitable manner. Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
- Strategic Sourcing
- Global Sourcing
- New Product Development
- Benchmarking (Project Management)
- Change Management