To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sacramento, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Press Operator, Sheet-fed (2nd Shift) - PSP, Sacramento
R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company • Sacramento, CA
Posted 1 month ago
PSP - Pacific Standard Print has an immediate opening for Sheetfed Press Operator on 2nd Shift. The sheetfed press operator will be working on a 40" 6-color Komori Lithrone.
- Set up, adjust, operate, and maintain single or multi-color offset press to print single-color, two-color, and/or multi-color work which includes large solids, screen tints, line and halftones with critical color values and registration requirements ranging from hairline to critical or operate similarly situated equipment that applies a variety of non-ink based coatings to a paper web or sheet stock.
- Review job specifications to determine the press setup according to the imposition of the run (sheet wise or work and turn).
- Perform all make-ready tasks associated with the type of press operated such as hanging plates or installing cylinders, examine plates/cylinders for imperfections and checks for correct positioning of images, prepping blankets, adjusting tension and register etc.
- Make necessary color corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work.
- Clean, lubricate, and maintain the press, making minor repairs and replacing worn or broken parts as required. Performs periodic maintenance recommended by the manufacturer.
- Requires knowledge of offset printing procedures, materials, equipment and safety requirements and skills to perform assignments.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Read and understand job specifications to determine press set-up materials needed to run the job successfully.
- Five (5) years of experience as a Sheet-Fed Press Operator
- Ability to lift 10 to 25 lbs
- Must have sufficient knowledge of press capabilities to determine the most appropriate use of the press and corrective adjustments required to run efficiently.
- Knowledge of the appropriate amount of packing pressure needed to obtain the proper printing pressure for the type of job being run.
- Skill in use of micrometer to mount and align the printing plate correctly.
- Skill in routine operational maintenance and minor repairs to equipment.
- Ability to make adjustments to feeder and feed board (e.g., ability to adjust suctions and blast, front and side guides and the timing of the head stops).