LER TechForce is looking for an HR Generalist to work in Macomb County.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for the daily functions of the Human Resources department to ensure smooth and efficient business operations. Responsibilities include employee relations, staffing, compensation, benefits, training and development and enforcing company policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Handles routine employee relations and human resource inquiries related to policies, procedures, refers complex matters to appropriate management staff.
• Serves as the initial contact and liaison for intake and assessment of employee complaints.
• Conducts initial interviews and gathers information for employee relations matters such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other concerns; informs appropriate HR staff when additional investigation is required.
• Attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
• Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments.
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
• Handles all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
• Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, standard and ad hoc reports for ongoing company requirements.
• Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organization, and to improve employee experience.
• Ensure legal compliance of HR state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required.
Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in HR, Business Administration, or a related field.
• 5 or more years of HR Generalist experience in manufacturing setting is desired.
Time Management Skills
• Ability to manage time effectively to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness.
• Resourceful, problem-solving aptitude, and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS Systems, and comfortable learning new technical systems.
• Experience with PLEX ERP system is a plus.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Administration