To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Merrifield, VA 22119
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Mail & Document Processing Specialist II
Navy Federal Credit Union • Merrifield, VA
Posted 5 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To provide internal business support through mail and document processing procedures which include: mail sorting, mail security inspections, prioritized mail distribution, document imaging, document retention, and electronic document filing and routing. To partner with internal business units in providing ongoing support for required document processing procedures in compliance with Bank Security Act, Document Retention Regulations, Service Level Agreements, and Navy Federal Guidelines.
• Sort and prioritize incoming mail according to PO Box designations and document type in preparation for imaging and distribution
• Scan prepared documents by job type into imaging system, ensure periodical export to appropriate mail/business unit work queue-complete training
• Ensure the proper maintenance of automated equipment
• Prepare destruction lists in compliance with record retention guidelines
• Prepare boxes for long term document storage through communicating and cooperating with internal business units as well as external vendors
• Perform a post imaging quality assurance review on documents prior to retention as well as destruction
• Perform daily record keeping and shipping of critical documents in accordance with Document Retention Regulations
• Perform weekly inventory of office supplies; submit request for supply order, and stock supply shelves
• Receive and inspect incoming mail for suspicious packages or hazardous materials in accordance with federal and organization directives
• Ensure compliance with established containment procedures in response to possible threats from suspicious packages
• Research member and account information to confirm destination of mail and method of storage
• Perform Express Mail Functions
• Research and respond to internal requests
• Index NFCU forms according to type
• Validate NFCU forms according to member account or access number
• Perform research for member and document identity for long term electronic document retention
• Resolve imaged document errors in Quality Control
• Resolve electronic file routing and editing requests made by internal business units in BPM
• Store imaged document records daily in excel workbook for document research purposes
• Provide guidance and assistance to team members
• Stay abreast of and ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and industry laws, regulations and guidelines
• Identify areas of improvement; determine solutions; implement enhancements/changes to improve operations, standards and results
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Working knowledge of Bank Security Act, Document Retention Regulations, Service Level Agreements, and Navy Federal Guidelines
• Experience in leading, guiding and mentoring others
• Effective skill performing clerical or administrative duties/responsibilities
• Effective research, analytical and problem solving skills
• Effective organizational, planning and time management skills
• Effective skill maintaining accuracy with attention to detail and meeting deadlines
• Effective database and presentation software skills
• Effective skill exercising initiative and using good judgement to make sound decisions
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate integrity
• Desired – Working knowledge of document filing, mail handling, document retention, and scanning operations
• Desired – Working knowledge of Navy Federal products, services, programs policies and procedures
Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability