We look forward to your application! When applying, please be sure to put your Full Legal First Name and Last Name for legal and processing purposes.
Are you looking for an opportunity to turn your ambition and your people skills into a rewarding career with an industry leader? Join our team at American Tire Distributors! As the nation's premier tire distributor, ATD’s coast-to-coast distribution network provides approximately 80,000 customers across the U.S. and Canada with rapid and frequent delivery of high quality tires, custom wheels and shop supplies.
The primary focus of the Warehouse II role is movement of product within the warehouse. In addition, this role will serve as back-up delivery driver for non-CDL trucks. This is a general labor position that will prioritize and pick product to fill orders, and physically move and lift product weighing as much as 150 pounds.
- Load and unload delivery trucks – requiring physical moving and lifting of product weighing as much as 150 pounds.
- Designate and organize the warehouse stock by product line and by physical alignment, allowing sufficient space for overflow
- Perform periodic facilities maintenance and/or custodial / housekeeping tasks, such as cleaning parking lot, loading dock and area surrounding building; keeping floors clear of debris, maintaining bathrooms and assisting in daily closing down of warehouse
- Compile and submit regular reports of damaged, outdated stock or supplies, over and under shipments, return of products to vendor, etc. and segregate defective product from normal flow of inventory
- Prioritize and pick material to fill orders and stage product for loading
- Assist in verifying all incoming and outgoing products for accuracy in terms of amount, size and type, informing management of inventory and supply shortages as well as assisting in actual periodic inventory counts
- Operate powered industrial vehicles (forklifts, pallet jacks, order pickers, etc.) in a safe manner and maintain an operator license, if required.
- Assist in administrative tasks, such as the handling and preparation of paperwork. May assist in the daily closing of the warehouse.
Key Partners (Positions):
• Warehouse Manager / Supervisor
• Warehouse Lead
• Customer Pick-Up Coordinator
Experience(s) that Best Prepares You:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Must possess valid Class “C” driver’s license, or such other proper license classification as to the above qualifications required by the Department of Transportation in conjunction with vehicle weight
Education: High School Diploma or GED
Experience: Prior work experience sufficient to work under general supervision
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Company, in its discretion, may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to start, control and maintain a complete process or procedure, while keeping safety and compliance at the forefront
- Ability to carry out oral and written instructions
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted during the course of work
- Think strategically and innovatively: Identify and act on ideas which further the Company’s strategic goals and business plan.
- Plan and Execute for Success: Identify and address root causes when solving problems. Work collaboratively with other departments and functional teams to coordinate effective solutions.
- Act Collaboratively: Communicate effectively across teams, functions and departments.
- Communicate Effectively: Communicate clearly and concisely and adjust communication style to improve performance
- Demonstrate Respect: Handle all business matters ethically and in full compliance with American Tire Distributors “Code of Conduct”
- Be Accountable for Results: Assume full responsibility for the consequences of one’s behaviors, decisions and results.
Physical Demands/Work Environment/Travel Requirements:
- Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk, hear, taste and/or smell; the employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 150 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions prevalent at the time. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Travel required: 5% of the time
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor, subject to reasonable accommodations. Nothing in this job description creates a contract of employment in any way for any person. All employees hired by American Tire Distributors, Inc. are employees at will and the Company reserves the right to terminate employees at any time for any reason or no reason at all.
Build a challenging and rewarding career with us!
American Tire Distributors is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace
Job ID: R08930
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)