To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Greenville, SC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Electrical Engineer - Greenville, SC
Hubbell Inc • Greenville, SC
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Sr. Electrical Engineer will be a lead contributor to multi-disciplinary teams and responsible for the specification, design, development, and testing of electronic products. The primary function is the development and integration of new electronic technologies for lighting applications. These technologies include LED light engines, battery backup systems, LED drivers/power supplies and electronic controls for lighting systems
Duties and Responsibilities
- An active participant in new product development, cost reduction initiatives, and sustaining engineering for electrically energized components and assemblies.
- Selects, tests and integrates LED light engines, LED drivers, and Interconnectivity for new products.
- Design work includes circuit design, prototyping, testing and validation.
- Current with new LED technologies including LEDs and drivers.
- Develops testing procedures and guidelines for the testing and/or troubleshooting of electronic luminaires and qualification documentation for new products.
- Coordinate with sourcing and manufacturing on the implementation of designs into production.
- Familiarity with mechanical, materials, quality, and industrial engineering and the best practices employed in the field that impact electronic devices.
- Participate in and adhere to the 1HUBBELL NPD process utilizing tools to deliver new products, on time, within specification.
- This position reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Internally, this position interfaces with Mechanical Engineers, Engineering Services, Manufacturing, Product Management and Supply Chain
- Externally, this position interfaces with 3rd party development partners (China and India) and component suppliers.
Skills and Experience
- Proficiency with electronics design software for printed circuit boards, Altium Designer preferred.
- Proficiency in solid modeling CAD packages, Solid Edge preferred.
- Design of assemblies for surface mount technology components.
- Working knowledge of hardware design (analog, digital, microcontrollers, IC’s and ASIC’s) including switch mode power supply (AC-DC and DC-DC) circuit topologies a plus.
- Familiarity with Safety standards (UL, CSA, IEC, CE), EMC/EMI (FCC, IEC, CISPR, CE), and Transient Surge Suppression for use in outdoor electronics and luminaires a plus.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills.
- Familiarity and competence with hand tools and light power tools.
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.