Sunrun is the nation’s leading home solar, battery storage, and energy services company. Our mission is to confront our planet’s biggest challenge, climate change, by creating a planet run by the sun. This mission requires passion, determination and a diverse growing army of talented professionals. Explore joining our mission by connecting with [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Director, Security & Compliance or by submitting an application to this job today.
The Director of Information Security & Compliance for Sunrun will be responsible for leading and overseeing enterprise-wide security in choosing, deploying, and managing technology security solutions, controls and audits in a demanding environment. This position will report to the VP Engineering & Technology , and will work closely with internal audit and legal teams. The candidate will also have direct leadership responsibilities on projects and as such must have demonstrated ability to drive projects to completion in a highly matrixed environment.
- Conducts complex security related assessments as part of Sunrun’s Information Security program and processes.
- Applies a deep understanding of business processes and technologies used within assigned business units to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements (PCI/ PII/SOX) and applicable policies, and procedures such as NIST, CIS and ISO frameworks and standards.
- May interface with end-users as well as all levels of management, Senior Executives, and technical and business sources.
- Serves as Security/ Compliance oversight and reviews work performed by team and other matrixed resources
- Serves as program owner and provided maintenance of Security / Compliance program documentation, procedures and processes to ensure compliance with changes in business or regulatory drivers.
- Responsible for research, investigation, quality review, analysis, interpretation and reporting of security incidents with the Security and audit team.
- Consults with management, third parties, and other business resources in support of security governance and incident solutions to meet business objectives and regulatory requirements. May participate in or even lead IT security development initiatives.
- Typically leads moderately complex initiatives and participates in larger, more complex initiatives.
- Solves complex technical and operational problems.
- Acts as a resource for teammates with less experience. Will have people management responsibilities for a medium sized team.
- Bachelor’s degree in and 7-10 years of experience in IT security, audit, or other related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Certifications in CISSP, CISA and/or CISM.
- In-depth knowledge in information systems and ability to identify, apply, and implement best practices.
- Understanding of key business processes and competitive strategies related to the Information Security function.
- Ability to plan and manage projects.
- Ability to solve complex problems by applying best practices.
- Ability to provide direction and mentor less experienced teammates.
- Ability to interpret and communicate complex, difficult, or sensitive information.
- Working knowledge of laws, regulations, and industry requirements related to Information Security.
Solar Careers For All
- Experience conducting, preparing and presenting information security risk analysis, findings and recommendations. Experience with Operating Systems such as Windows and Unix/Linux.
- Familiarity with networking technologies such as firewalls, routers, IDS/IPS, etc.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficient with IT monitoring tools and other SW tools.
- Retail, Banking or financial services experience.
- Experience with Supply Chain processes, controls and technologies.
- Understanding of the NIST/CIS/ISO security framework helpful in determining assessment for risks for organization.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That’s why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women’s Network, Sunrun’s Veterans Network (“Liberty”), Women in Tech, and Sunrun’s LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.