Travel Required: 10-25%
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking a VMware vCloud Director Administrator to support the deployment, documentation and sustainment of a next-generation, DoD on-premise cloud service for milCloud 2.0. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of sustaining a vCloud Director solution for DoD. This individual will be a VMware SME for the operations team and will work closely with the milCloud 2.0 engineering team responsible for conceiving and delivering a wide variety of cloud services under the milCloud 2.0 program. Deep technical familiarity with VMware products, cloud services in general and using cloud services in support of DoD missions is a must.
General Dynamics Information Technology has deployed its own on premise Cloud solution into DoD data centers. GDIT is operating this Cloud to support DoD Mission Partners meet their Cloud requirements.
- Work closely with engineering during the development of a VMware vCloud Director based Infrastructure as a Services (IaaS) solution for DoD.
- Supports program security team to document the solution and through assessment to achieve FedRAMP High / DoD IL-5 level authorization.
- Supports the building of a systems administration and operations support capability for the new vCD based solution.
- Apply system hardening, STIG settings and resolve vulnerabilities found by Nessus scans.
- Design, document and publish standard operating procedures (SOPs) for the build and sustainment of the VMware infrastructure.
- Support operations through the transition from implementation to sustainment.
- Provide knowledge transfer to existing System Administrators in operations through documentation, presentations, deep dive technical sessions, etc.
- Produce and execute test plan procedures for upgrades and installation of new virtualization products.
- Automate tasks for the operations team such as patching, infrastructure configuration changes and reporting.
- Work closely with vendors to identify and resolve product bugs and initiate feature requests.
- Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems.
- Apply vendor best practices for vSphere, NSX, vCloud Director, vRealize Suite, etc.
- Identify and remediate deviation from reference architecture.
- Supports resolution actions for operations incident tickets
- Other tasks as assigned
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
- DoD 8570 IAT II certification
- VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification
- Deep knowledge of and experience with VMware vCloud Director vSphere and component services such as VMotion, HA, DRS, vDS, Affinity rules, vCenter, storage vMotion, and P2V migrations
- Experience implementing and operating VMware NSX under vCloud Director
- Extensive infrastructure knowledge and hands-on experience with DoD datacenters & infrastructure
- 5+ years of experience deploying, and maintaining data center Infrastructure preferably within the DOD.
- 5+ years of hardware experience to include compute, network, & storage
- 1+ years of experience implementing DOD Security Controls
- 3+ years of VMware System Administration Experience
- Experience developing documentation for operational support.
- A self-starter that drives solutions to implementation
- Ability to mentor junior and mid-level team members to more proficient in the tasks and activities associated with the management of a cloud provider VMware environment
- Experience supporting cloud solutions at DISA
- ITIL v3
- Accreditation of systems under DoD RMF
- 4-6 years of VMware ESXi experience; experience with ESX 6.x preferred
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
V Mware Esx Servers
V Mware V Sphere
V Mware Infrastructure
Videoscape Distribution Suite