BUSINESS: A&D Aerospace and Defense
LOCATION: Hauppauge, NY
DIRECT REPORTING: Quality Manager
About CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense
CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense is focused on the design, development, and manufacture of specialty fluid and motion control products for demanding aerospace and defense applications. CIRCOR products are flying on most commercial and military aircraft, including single and twin aisle air transport, business and regional jets, military transports and fighters, and commercial and military rotorcraft. Other markets include unmanned aircraft, shipboard applications, and military ground vehicles.
Business units are in Corona, California; Warren, Massachusetts; Hauppauge, New York; Paris, France; Uxbridge, UK; and Tangier, Morocco. Parent company CIRCOR International is headquartered in Burlington, Massachusetts and CIRCOR Aerospace & Defense is headquartered in Corona, California.
KEY PRODUCTS/ APPLICATIONS
- High Pressure Pneumatic Systems
- Pneumatic Blowdown Systems
- Landing Gear Blowdown Systems
- Kinetic Switches
- Pneumatic UAV Rail & Tube Launchers
- Blood / Plasma Centrifuges
MAJOR INDUSTRIES SERVED
- Aerospace - Military, and Commercial
Supervises and coordinates activities of Inspection personnel engaged in inspecting and testing assemblies, components, and parts, through stages of assembly process, applying knowledge of quality assurance standards and procedures:
Reviews quality assurance instructions, assembly specifications, and production schedules to determine method of conducting inspections and tests, sequence of operations, and work assignments.
Directs workers in quality assurance inspection and testing, to assure that establishment and regulatory standards are met.
Assigns training of new workers and cross training to qualified workers.
Reviews reports and confers with quality assurance, production, management, and engineering personnel to solve work-related problems.
Make final decision for defective materials and recommend disposition. Follow established procedures for material rejection, maintain database of rejected material and communicate status to suppliers
Ensure smooth operation of Quality Control through coordination with Engineering, Production, Warehouse, Production Control and Purchasing departments.
Create and document procedures for new parts receiving inspection. Implement and train employees on all quality processes.
Ensure all inspection equipment and testing areas are in good working condition.
Ensure compliance with ISO 9000 & AS9100.
Drive compliance to AS, ISO and Company requirements.
Champion efforts to comply with all safety, quality and operational documentation requirements and practices. Deliver communications to inspection personnel, across all shifts, so as to ensure the team's achievement of Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and Talent objectives.
Manage the performance of inspection personnel, to include:
- Fills in for Quality Manager
- Writing and delivering performance appraisals
- Administering disciplinary action when warranted
- Providing positive recognition when warranted
- Liaising with Human Resources to ensure consistency in administration and compliance with Company policies.
- Focusing on the development of high potential employees.
- Manage /coach/mentor/develop inspectors to encourage and support a high-performance work culture.
- Ensure all employees are provided with proper training and development.
- Monitor and drive timely training completion.
- Manage non-exempt timekeeping and monitor employee attendance (e.g., start time, breaks, etc.).
- Manage employee vacation schedules and coordinate production schedules around quarterly meetings, planned vacation, etc. to ensure customer needs will be met.
Lead 6S efforts as they relate to the team and work space. Participate in problem-solving and implementing process improvements including lean-related and quality improvement initiatives.
Foster relationships with internal customers (Assembly, Finance, HR, IT, etc.) to gain perspective and effectiveness when dealing with Quality issues.
Quality Team leader will have responsibility for final inspection, receiving inspection, raw material inspection, and batch release functions.
Leads team to perform RCCA and implement corrective/ preventative actions on quality and safety issues.
Review state of the art new technology and proposes appropriate new equipment to aid the department in more efficient and accurate inspections
Process Improvements (Business)
Training And Development