The Financial Analyst
will provide financial information, reporting, analysis and commentary on GHD's performance globally, and work closely with Executive Management across the business. You will be involved in contributing to decisions with supporting insights that shape business direction, and partnering with delivery teams to maximize earnings and deliver on performance targets.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to :
- Work on the North American finance team
- Develop financial models and complete trend and comparative analysis, to craft business decisions, partnering with the business to maximize earnings and deliver performance targets
- Assist with providing high quality financial inputs to the reporting, budgeting and forecasting processes
- Prepare monthly Management Discussion & Analysis (MD&A) report
- Responsible for allocation of corporate cost to multiple business unit and comparison to budget
- Working with the Group Finance and regional Finance Managers, provide group level insight into business performance and opportunity reporting
- Work as a member of the finance team to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the finance function across the group
- Working with the business on ways to continue to improve financial reporting for current business requirements
- Participate in the development of management reporting systems and accounting methods to improve existing procedures or the communication of management information
- Responding to the daily and often changing business demands
Our commitment to you
- Chartered Accountant (CA) or CPA designation, preferred
- BA, BS, or B.Com degree required (Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics)
- Must have Canadian and US experience including FAR
- 5+ years of business finance or other relevant experience
- Strong accounting and financial modelling skills in a multi divisional portfolio
- Ability to operate under ambiguity and develop new ideas and business solutions
- Proven background gained in a large complex matrix organization
- Comfortable in working with internal partners across multiple business divisions
- Understanding of working in a complex matrix business structure
- Flexible and adaptable approach
- Advanced data analysis and excel skills
- Strong analytical and data gathering skills
- Good business acumen
- Good organizational skills
- Proven ability to work as part of a team
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements. Why GHD?
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own? About GHD
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience. Interested? Please submit your cover letter and resume to the link below.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.
Strategic Business Unit