The Vice President of Technology is part of the senior executive team and is responsible for the integration, understanding and adoption of technology at Company. This individual will focused on Company’s new and future technology needs, technology finances and financial planning, support for product management and act as key interface on behalf of the Technology Group and the CTO. The VP of Technology will actively seek out new and high-value opportunities and how they map to Company’s overall strategy.
- Partner with Company’s product team on the R&D, implementation, improvements and upgrade of relevant technology into revenue producing products.
- Provide direction, leadership and communication with Finance of capital budget expenditures, ROI analysis, vendor comparisons, mergers and acquisitions.
- Collaborate with leadership to provide the technology related information necessary to support the RFI and RFP needs of the organization.
- Interface with IT leadership on the implementation of long and short-term strategic and operational plans for software products development.
- Foster collaboration and productive relationships across the organization to align technical needs to support organizational growth.
- Build relationships within communities and representatives from other industries to explore and pursue future opportunities and collaborations beneficial to Company.
- Represent the voice of technology and be a trusted advisor for finance and marketing teams.
- Provide inspired leadership needed to develop and retain highly competent, technology and service-oriented teams. Drive culture of continuous improvement to improve quality, efficiencies, and standards across our Technical Integration and Planning group.
- Collaborate with Sr. Leadership and Executive Leadership Teams to identify business requirements and communicate technology capabilities and concepts.
- Act as subject matter expert and advisor on core network information including effective communication of strategies to the larger organization.
- Disseminate and foster a greater understanding of technical knowledge throughout the organization via meetings, presentations, relationships, etc.
- Demonstrate exemplary communication skills including, vendor relations, negotiation, white papers, public presentations, public technical papers, press releases, etc.
- Review and approve technology related contracts, agreements and statements of work and maintain ongoing vendor relationships.
- Meet with large enterprise customers and organizations to establish how Company technology can provide solutions.
- Actively participate in special projects, one-off opportunities, acquisition evaluations, build planning, etc.
- Provide forward looking analytics, network and strategic modeling.
- Work closely with Cablelabs and the Upramp program to evaluate and introduce promising new technologies.
- Travel to industry conferences, meetings, and industry peer locations as appropriate.
- Summarize reports to senior leadership regarding initiatives and investigations of new technology.
- Encapsulate and communicate core network and technically relevant information to the CTO on a timely and consistent basis.
- Ensure the network is “future proof”.
- Adhere to Company’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate courage through a willingness to take a stand and tackle the tough issues while acknowledging own limitations, without compromising integrity.
- Practice agility by modeling flexibility, resiliency and change management. Has the ability to cut through ambiguity and not fear the unknown and has a thirst for knowledge and self-awareness.
- Build talent by making the search and development of new and existing team members a priority and invest personally in others’ development.
- Collaborate across boundaries to achieve success and build a foundation for an inclusive and supportive environment.
- Think strategically through maintaining a holistic and long-term perspective, identify root causes of problems and anticipate unexpected outcomes.
- Pursue and support Company’s growth and use data to drive decisions and actions.
- Model curiosity and encourage creativity to keep customers and team members engaged.
- Execute on assigned strategic initiatives or other projects through communicating clear expectations that set a high bar, verifying understanding of expectations and hold self and others accountable for results.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality to all of your work and interactions.
- Actively follow Company policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical discipline.
- Generally requires 15+ years related experience with minimum 10 years’ experience in a role demonstrating strong technical, quantitative, and analytical skills in a corporate environment.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience leading and developing highly skilled technology teams.
- Self-starter and collaborator with the ability to engage with stakeholders directly, set agenda and goals and drive the conversation to achieve goals.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with business stakeholders and technology teams across all levels of the organization.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL & MENTAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.