Senior Test Engineer
The Appleton Performance Center is seekinga Senior Test Engineer to provide high level test engineering support for the facility. Specific responsibilities include:
Skills & Qualifications
- Support Test Engineering function by providing guidance and support to all test engineers
- Serve as Test Engineer mentor and lead
- Manages all aspects of complex projects
- Conducts design reviews
- Provides and defines design guidelines, test equipment
- Defines best practices
- Adhere to General Requirements of Team Members
- Responsible for the proper handling and management of hazardous waste generated in their
- Perform other assignments as required
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- BSEE, BSEET or MSEE Required
- 6 plus years of experience
- Ability to demonstrate and present solutions to complex problems
- Ability to use multiple simulation and design packages.
- Ability to specify design tools
- High level proficiency in KSA's of other Test Engineers:
- Basic knowledge of engineering concepts, physics, and chemistry principles
- Knowledge of basic manufacturing test processes
- Troubleshooting and problem-solving ability
- Proficient in technical writing, good documentation skills; attention to detail is critical
- Required: ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Prior experience with an ISO environments is a plus
- Demonstrated analytical expertise including ability to plan, resolve problems effectively, and establish priorities.
- Understanding of DOE, 6-Sigma, Lean Manufacturing desired
- Working knowledge at an intermediate level of computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Microsoft Project
- Ability to communicate with customers and project company image to attract business
- Flexible with high energy, able to handle multiple tasks smoothly
- Abilities listed in General Requirements of Team Members
2222 East Pensar Drive
Appleton, Wisconsin, 54911
Computer Control Systems
Proportional Integral Derivative (Closed Loop Control)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Job ID: J3N3C460C7DGN10N8NX
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Founded in 1849, Ducommun is the oldest company in California. Evolving from a hardware supply store opened by Charles Ducommun in Los Angeles during the California Gold Rush, the company assisted in the birth of the aerospace industry in Southern California by providing aircraft aluminum to early aerospace pioneers like Lindbergh, Douglas and Lockheed.
View the full profile
Today, Ducommun is a global provider of manufacturing and engineering services, developing innovative electronic, engineered and structural solutions for complex applications in aerospace, defense and industrial markets. Our full-service collaborative approach, broad capabilities and value-added services like new product introduction, supply chain strategies and program management deliver value for our customers and innovative solutions for their complex electronic and structural needs.
Our company is organized to leverage our full spectrum of capabilities through common, companywide processes that create value for the customer and facilitate ease of doing business.
Structural Solutions – Large, complex contoured structural components and assemblies for aerospace and other applications. Our integrated processes include stretch-forming, thermal-forming, chemical milling, precision fabrication, machining, finishing processes, and integration of components into subassemblies.
Electronic Solutions – Full-service manufacturing services for high mix, low volume production of complex electronics used in high cost of failure applications. Key competencies include high-reliability interconnect systems, printed circuit board assemblies, and integrated electronic, electromechanical and mechanical assemblies and systems.
Engineered Solutions – Engineered products and high-tech proprietary systems for defense, aerospace and industrial applications. High-technology product lines include advanced microwave and millimeter wave (RF) assemblies, human machine interface (HMI) products and high-reliability motors and resolvers (MCD). We also provide engineering services in missile and aerospace system design, development, integration, and test.
The Ducommun Way:
Ducommun is guided on its journey to growth by the Ducommun Way, our internal operating methodology for executing successfully, solving problems effectively and finding better ways of serving our customers through a combined focus on operational excellence, organizational development and profitable growth. The Ducommun Way is defining our path for providing the innovative solutions and services our customers require while finding new and untapped ways of growing.