The purpose of this contingent staff position is critical to the turnaround (TA) team's ability to drive value generation through accurate scheduling through all phases of a Turnaround.
Responsibilities include assisting the Turnaround Manager (TAM) and Turnaround Services (TAS) team in developing, analyzing and forecasting schedules throughout the life-cycle of the turnaround, and taking independent and appropriate action to resolve schedule discrepancies and issues.
- Associates Degree in Construction Management or related field with 4+ years with lead Petrochemical TA, Shutdown, Outage, and/or Project scheduling experience, or 8 years of lead petrochemical scheduling in lieu of degree.
- Experience in Primavera P6, MS Project
- Can display analytical and critical thinking in a work environment
- Strong comprehension and application of mathematics
- Strong understanding of work execution in a Petrochemical environment
- Mastery of PC based tools and strong computer skills are required
- Advanced skills in Excel are required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Engineering and/or Construction Management with 2+ Years of Petrochemical TA, Shutdown, Outage, and/or Project scheduling experience
- Knowledge of SAP management systems
- The individual should have working TA, Shutdown, Outage, and/or Project based knowledge of the following software and systems: Primavera P6. Excel, Word, and schedule related tools.
- Advanced Excel skills, with experience using pivot tables, lookup formulas and ability to manage large databases preferred.
- The incumbent should have, or be able to obtain quickly, working knowledge of the following software and systems: Dow in-house schedule related tools.
- Must be able to independently understand and resolve situations by gathering electronic data as well as visual observations.
- Display strong leadership skills by actively seeking data from individuals/groups that must supply data required to get the job done, and resolve any issues.
- Experience with maintenance job planning and execution
- Knowledge of the GTM, GMWP and maintenance roles is desired, but the ability to learn these processes will be key to the success of this role.
- Good written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Good organizational & communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment is a must.
- Willingness to follow established processes.
- Close interaction with all roles for long term and on-the-spot problem resolution
Primary Responsibilities (typical examples):
- Responsible for developing, monitoring and communicating schedules for the turnaround
- Schedule Optimization, time compression and resource leveling analysis
- Create TA schedule from planner downloaded jobs. Work with TA Team to ensure sequence of jobs and schedule logic
- Work with Project Manager to integrate expense and capital project jobs into the TA schedule
- Determine critical path jobs and communicate/review with TA Team
- Identify and communicate resource requirements per craft
- Utilize PV6 features to provide the appropriate schedule views to all roles and zones within each turnaround as needed.
- Lead schedule reviews with the TA Team and operations personnel
- Works with the Operations TA Coordinator (OTAC) to develop a detailed Gantt chart/schedule of shutdown and startup sequence.
- Works with the OTAC to include all operational steps (i.e., feeds off, clearing, tagging, permitting, pressure testing, pre-startup steps and feeds on)
- Works with TAM to develop progression graphs used for execution
- Distributes final schedule to all crafts
- Performs schedule updates and analysis during execution and publication of progress reports
- Work closely with TAC, TA planners, area coordinators and contractor personnel to obtain accurate shift progress updates for all TA jobs
- Inputs Shift progress update data into the TA schedule
- Update schedule during execution by integrating add-on jobs and scope changes into the TA schedule
- Presents schedule progressions and provides schedule information during Shift update meetings during execution
Support Global Turnaround Methodology
- As a member of the TA team, help to ensure that all aspects of the GTM process are followed
- Responsible to ensure that TA milestones are met
As a worker today, it’s up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what’s next is what we’re all about. We know what’s going on in the evolving world of work—just ask the nearly 500,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law.