To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Huntsville, AL 35805
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Software Quality Engineer/Quality Assurance
DRS Technologies Inc • Huntsville, AL
Posted 2 months ago
Leonardo DRS is a leading supplier of integrated products, services and support to military forces, intelligence agencies and prime contractors worldwide. Focused on defense technology, we develop, manufacture and support a broad range of systems for mission critical and military sustainment requirements, as well as homeland security. Headquartered in Crystal City, VA, the Company is a wholly owned subsidiary of Leonardo, which employs more than 70,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and a business culture that rewards performance. For additional information on DRS, please visit our website at www.drs.com. .
Leonardo DRS Land Electronics (DLE) has locations in Melbourne, FL and Huntsville, AL. DLE is a leading designer, manufacturer and integrator of highly engineered, technically advanced defense electronics and systems for U.S. and allied international military and intelligence agency applications. DLE specializes in the manufacture and integration of rugged communications components serving military command, control, communications, computer intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance (C4ISR) initiatives, and we are a leading provider of ground vehicle diagnostic and test equipment. Products include cyber-hardened laptop and server computers and networking components, integrated voice/data/routing subsystems, integrated Battle Management Systems and software, vetronics, vehicle-mounted systems supporting man-portable and combat vehicle applications, and fixed and mobile command post solutions.
Job Location Huntsville, AL
- Responsible for developing program or project quality system processes and supporting product quality improvements
- Lead the efforts to develop maintain and deploy quality plans and activities that translate customer requirements into planned activities
- Ability to lead a group of engineers, technicians and/or Inspectors
- Responsible for leading groups of engineers on customer programs or projects
- Responsible for driving process and product improvement initiatives across multiple functional disciplines
- Performs analyses of program requirements and prepares responsive quality plans, procedures, schedules and resource allocations to assure optimum quality support
- Reviews and approves engineering/test and contractor documentation and provides input to assure that appropriate quality requirements are addressed
- Develops and implements formalized quality system processes, procedures and work instructions
- Leads the efforts to gather, organize, monitor, analyze and report on information on products and processes
- Acts as main customer and senior management interface in resolving customer quality issues and driving root cause and corrective action on process and project quality issues
- Develops and deploys SPC initiatives internally and at suppliers
- Reviewing and approving of supplier corrective actions
- Leads and executes customer quality program requirements
- Monitors development activities to assure contract compliance, as required
- Develops new procedural controls to address all aspects of quality programs
- Develops and generates statistical reports on related activities and results, new product or process testing results, etc. and recommends action as required
- Responsible for financial impacts of quality process controls and inspections
- Support, communicate, reinforce and defend the mission, value and culture of the organization
5+ years and Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience
Leonardo DRS is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer - M/F/Disability/Vet. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law. The Company's policies regarding recruitment, hiring, compensation, benefits, promotion, transfer, training and all other personnel matters are free from discriminatory practices. #LEL