Backed by more than 40 years of experience and one of the industry's leading safety performance records, PPM, helps clients address the complex challenges inherent in today's manufacturing and industrial facilities environment. Our wide experience in meeting industrial plant maintenance needs enables us to implement systems and processes that keep your facilities and equipment running at consistently optimum levels.
Job Title: -- Laborer Utility
Job Summary: --
Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, washing walls and glass, and removing waste. Performs minor maintenance and repair of various systems including exterior cleaning, painting, grounds keeping, minor structural, electrical and plumbing repairs, and assists maintenance technicians.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems. Troubleshoot, maintain and repair machinery, mechanical devices, system controllers and related mechanical equipment.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance functions as assigned.
- Change light bulbs, correct plumbing and drain stoppage.
- Install chalkboards and bulletin boards.
- Put up hand soap and paper dispensers and towel dispensers.
- Replace electrical cords.
- Do miscellaneous bench work.
- Run errands, such as pick up parts or deliver parts for repair, etc.
- Assist with repair and preventive maintenance assignments.
- Know and exercise all safety precautions as far as the equipment operations.
- Assist with projects as needed.
- Perform assigned duties during drills and emergencies.
GENERAL SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS: --
- Able to work in a team setting and work effectively with other shop personnel.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form in the English language. This includes communicating with a diverse population and in a professional and diplomatic manner.
- Past history of regular and punctual attendance.
- Work experience and/or adequate training in any of the following areas: electrical, mechanical, heating ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, plumbing maintenance and construction.
- Able to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude and dexterity and ability to operate hand and power tools.
- Capability for extensive bending, lifting, and walking, and for handling hazardous substances used in the course of work.
- The ability to wear a properly fitted respirator while performing work; and the ability to read, write and speak English. Requires ability to maintain professional manner when dealing with employees and the public.
- The position requires work to be performed both inside and outside in all type of weather. The incumbent is frequently exposed to sudden temperature changes when working on equipment as well as dampness, water, mud, and fumes. The incumbent can potentially be exposed to electrical burns, infections, chemicals, gases, bruises, cuts, electric shocks, dust, dirt, and skin and lung irritation as well as exposure to more serious injuries as the result of falls or power tool use. When work in a hazardous location is required, the employee is required to utilize proper safety clothing, gear and equipment.
- Performs the full range of work involved in minor maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, modification and operational checks and testing of various systems at Valley Medical Center and associated clinics.
- High School graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and proven good driving record.
- Ability to Lift up to 50 lbs., and ability to stand, walk, climb, stoop, bend, and sit frequently sometimes for extended periods.
- The ability to work in overhead, stretched, cramped and awkward positions. The ability to work on ladders and scaffolds.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)
Complex Problem Solving