Diesel Service Journeyman/ Mechanic
MHC Kenworth-Fort Worth
Job Overview & Essential Functions
Murphy-Hoffman Company, LLC is North America's largest Kenworth truck dealership group and leasing group. As MHC continues to grow, we have an opening for a Diesel Service Journeyman / Mechanic. The role of the Diesel Service Journeyman / Mechanic performs all functions of a fully qualified heavy-duty truck repair Technician under minimal supervision.
* Performs skilled and complicated mechanical work on heavy-duty truck equipment and related components with minimum supervision.
* Performs trouble shooting on major problems.
* Works with and helps train Apprentice Technicians.
* Maintains a neat and orderly working area, and proper handling of company tools.
* Advises the Service Foreman if additional repair work is necessary.
* Maintains favorable relations with customers.
* Participates in training to stay abreast of new technology.
* Performs other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
* CDL preferred.
* A/C, Brake and DOT Annual Inspector Certifications required.
* Must have, at a minimum, one specialization (i.e., engine, drive train, etc.).
* Minimum of 4 years' experience or vocational graduate.
* Necessary tools to perform position responsibilities.
* Must have good customer relations and communication skills.
* Competitive Salary
* Medical, Dental and Prescription Insurance
* Disability and Life Insurance
* Paid Time Off program
* 401k and Profit Sharing with Employer Match
* Flexible Spending Account
* Internal Promotion Opportunities
* Tuition Reimbursement Program
* On the Job Training
MHC is an expansion of the original company, Ozark Kenworth, Inc. Ozark Kenworth started in Springfield, Missouri, in January 1975. Opening for business without a Parts or Service department and only three employees in a temporary facility. From there, the company grew and expanded. MHC is now a multi-state network of full-service diesel truck dealerships, leasing and rental operations, transport refrigeration locations, and a finance company which offers a complete array of finance and insurance services. We believe in fostering an environment that helps employees realize their full potential a place where you can grow as a person and a professional. Equal Opportunity Employer / Veterans / Disabled
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Customer Relationship Management
- Problem Solving
- Self Motivation
- Monitoring And Installation Of Braking Systems