Install, repair, trouble shoot, perform alterations to all electrical systems, electrical equipment, fixtures and controls at all METRO properties, including but not limited to Rail Stations, Park & Rides, Transit Centers, Medians, Track Way and all attached amenities to those facilities (including platforms, shelters, bus stops, etc.). Performs General Maintenance to all systems within Facilities Maintenance. Performs duties in a safe, efficient manner and in compliance with all applicable rules and safety procedures.
Responsibilities and Specific Duties
- Climbs ladders, scaffolds and works out of scissor and bucket lifts to perform installations, repairs, trouble shooting and alterations to all electrical systems, circuits, controls, and equipment
- Reads and follows work orders as assigned. Determine and submit material equipment requirements. Performs assigned preventive maintenance.
- Reads, interprets electrical schematic blue prints, diagrams and control circuits.
- Cleans, services, and maintains switch gear equipment, motor control panels, electrical equipment and motors.
- Lubricates, cleans, services and maintains electrical tools. Cuts, measures and threads conduits. Makes bends and offsets.
- Able to solder and splice all types of wiring and electrical devices.
- Notifies supervisor of malfunctioning equipment.
- Follows established safety practices and procedures around electrical systems and equipment using high ampere, voltage and shop equipment.
- Must be available for all emergencies, required overtime and varied work schedule and shifts.
- Maintains inventory of electrical supplies, tools and equipment.
- Must be available for emergencies, required overtime, varied work schedules and shifts.
- Assists other trades as required.
- Cleans assigned areas equipment.
- Promotes safety awareness and follows safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Performs other job-related duties as required
High school diploma or equivalent.
Years & Experience Required
Five (5) years’ experience in trade as Maintenance Electrician or Journey Electrician.
Knowledge & Skills Required
Valid State of Texas Driver’s License. Valid City of Houston Electrical Maintenance License or State of Texas Journeyman Electrician License. Knowledge of national/city electrical codes. Knowledge of AC and DC circuits. Familiar with Operation of hi range bucket trunk. Able to complete/fill-out written reports, records and forms. Able to maintain and/or obtain additional licensing or certifications as required.
The Metropolitan Transit Authority of Harris County, Texas has a zero tolerance drug and alcohol policy for all employees. All internal and external applicants will be required to undergo drug testing before employment and will be subject to further drug and/or alcohol testing throughout their employment.
Further, employees who perform safety-sensitive functions will submit to drug and/or alcohol testing in accordance to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) regulatory requirements.
We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, veteran status, genetic information or disability.