To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
5971 Kingstowne Village Parkway
Alexandria, VA 22315
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Java/JEE Developer (Entry Level)
Unisys Corporation • Alexandria, VA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
We are seeking motivated, career and customer oriented Entry Level Java/JEE Developer, interested in joining our team in Kingstowne, VA, and exploring an exciting and challenging career with Unisys Federal Systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and implement JEE software applications in Tomcat\WebSphere Application Server\WebLogic\JBoss or related JEE server
- Use modern software engineering IDEs including Eclipse, Rational Application Developer (RAD) for design, development, and testing the software
- Work with users in an Agile development approach to understand and document requirements in JIRA, then elicit feedback and refine solution through demonstrations
- Present the solution at formal and informal design reviews, and document the design according to the Government’s system lifecycle methodology
- Design Patterns
- Data Structures
Desired experience, but not required
- Web services
- Unix/ Linux
- Apache HTTP Server, IBMIHS
- Java Web Containers (Tomcat\Jetty\etc)
- JEE Server experience (Weblogic\Websphere\JBOSS\etc.)
Desired Knowledge and Experience Includes
- 1-4 yrs Java JEE required
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field and a minimum 1 year of overall experience.
- Developing 100% automated unit tests
- Agile development approach
- Good written/oral communication skills and problem solving skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels
- Strong initiative: must be able to take a high-level requirement, ask questions/seek clarifications, and get the job done
- Ability to work in a high-pressured, tight-deadline environment
- Experience with WebLogic based environment is preferred
- Must be able to multitask efficiently and progressively and work comfortably in an ever-changing data environment
- Must work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Clearance – Must pass CBP BI
- Citizenship – Must be a US Citizen
- LOCATION: Kingstowne, VA (Alexandria)
Do you have what it takes to be mission critical?
We are always looking for team members that have what it takes to be mission critical. At Unisys Federal Systems, our team supports the Federal Government in their mission to protect and defend our nation, and transform the way government agencies manage information and improve responsiveness to their customers
Our team members gain valuable career-enhancing experience as we support the design, development, testing, implementation, training, and maintenance of our federal government’s critical systems.
Apply today to become mission critical and help our nation meet the growing need for IT security, improved infrastructure, big data, and advanced analytics.
Unisys is a global information technology company that solves complex IT challenges at the intersection of modern and mission critical. We work with many of the world's largest companies and government organizations to secure and keep their mission-critical operations running at peak performance; streamline and transform their data centers; enhance support to their end users and constituents; and modernize their enterprise applications. We do this while protecting and building on their legacy IT investments. Our offerings include outsourcing and managed services, systems integration and consulting services, high-end server technology, cybersecurity and cloud management software, and maintenance and support services. Unisys has more than 23,000 employees serving clients around the world.
Unisys offers a very competitive benefits package including health insurance coverage from first day of employment, a 401k with an immediately vested company match, vacation and educational benefits. To learn more about Unisys visit us at www.Unisys.com.
Unisys is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) - Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons, and Veterans.