Genesis10 is seeking a Data Engineer for a direct hire position with our client in the music industry located in New York, NY. Summary:
The Data Engineer will join the newly created Data Strategy team and will report to the EVP of Data Strategy, Chief Data Officer. This role will explore and build products using the latest and greatest in Data Analytics, Cognitive Services, Machine Learning and more. This role is based in New York.Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain systems to load and transform very large data sets from digital media
- retailers (iTunes, Spotify, YouTube, etc) as well as social media sources.
- Work with a cross-functional team to create data-driven insights and reports for business
- Work with the Software Engineering team to create customer-facing analytics tools and
- Process millions of rows of data daily to provide analytics to our end users.
- Take advantage of our continuous integration and deployment.
- Participate in technical design and peer review for new projects.
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!About Genesis10:
- Experience using Snowflake and Google Cloud Platform preferred.
- Experience with AWS ecosystem. Some preferred services are Redshift, RDS, S3, and SWF.
- Proven experience with ETL frameworks (Airflow, Luigi, or our own open sourced garcon).
- Expertise with at least one distributed data stores (Redshift, Cassandra, Snowflake).
- Familiarity with noSQL technologies (mongoDB, DynamoDB).
- Proficient in scripting language of choice. Python is strongly preferred, PHP a plus.
- Highly proficient in writing SQL for a relational datastore (MySQL, PostgreSQL).
- Knowledge of technologies that can deal with Big Data is a Big Plus (Kafka, Spark, Hive,
- Ability to write automated tests (unit, functional, and integration) to ensure code works as
- Desire to collaborate with other engineers through peer code reviews.
- Deep understanding of data structures and schema design.
- Detail-oriented, proactive problem solving skills.
Genesis10 is a leading U.S. business and technology consulting firm with hundreds of clients needing proven talent and solutions to power their strategic initiatives. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at URL blocked - click to apply
"Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”