The Global Marketing team brings to life the unique promise of Hilton's portfolio of brands by defining, creating, and delivering exceptional multi-channel marketing campaigns designed to drive business results.What will I be doing?
***The location for this position can be in McLean, VA or Dallas, TX,
with McLean preferred.***
As the Director of Social Media, Media Strategy and Planning, you will be accountable for maintaining and growing Hilton's position as a social media leader in the travel industry. Part of the Global Media Center of Excellence (COE), you will work closely with the Social Media COE and be responsible for Hilton's paid media strategy and performance across all social platforms. You will deliver high-performing, creative plans in social media across our portfolio of brands, through partnership, collaboration, and alignment across all media partners. Helping to lead the relationship with Hilton's digital agency partners, you will not only handle and drive planning, but also execution and measurement within our fully-integrated media plans. Focusing on building and embedding global processes to improve overall strategy and execution, you will work cross functionally to enable full use of social channels. In addition, you will ensure all plans align to Hilton's strategic vision and key strategic priorities. This role can be based at our offices in either McLean, VA or Addison, TX.
More specifically, you will:
Media Strategy and Performance:
- Partner with the Social Media COE to build an integrated POV of Hilton's paid media strategy in social.
- Work with agency partners, brands, and regions to ensure best in class plans that deliver on business objectives.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for internal marketing teams, both providing strategic direction/support at all stages of the lifecycle and establishing standards.
- Seek out opportunities for cross-brand/region efficiencies.
- Craft Key Performance Indicators and assessments for optimal media performance (in partnership with social media, performance, customer insights, and data and analytics teams) and strategic optimizations (in conjunction with media and agency teams).
- Lead and manage the development of an enterprise wide learning agenda for paid media in social and guide the buildout of campaign level learning and testing agendas in collaboration with partner teams and the agency.
- Build performance reports as needed for marketing leadership (brand and consolidated).
- Provide ongoing education on opportunities in social media, including industry trends, platform changes and creative opportunities to reach and engage with customers, using agency partners.
- Work in partnership to evolve to a fully integrated approach to planning.
- Partner with agencies and Hilton stakeholders to build and ensure alignment to media planning timelines, ultimately driving on time launches.
- Implement appropriate tools and forums as necessary.
Agency and Platform Management:
- Manage the social media work with the global digital AOR relationship, ensure positive relationship, consistency, and performance.
- Build and maintain relevant budgets (retainers, T&E).
- Develop and ensure adoption of standardized tools, processes, timelines where relevant globally.
- Help with agency evaluation and incentive program.
- Establish relationships with each of the social media platforms and stay connected to all the developments and changes happening on each platform that impact media/performance. This includes sharing insights with the team as relevant.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for dynamic and creative self-starters, who are passionate about using their analytical skills to take on hard problems. We believe the success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- High level of integrity, flexibility, initiative, and dedication
- Ability to build positive relationships across a matrixed, dynamic organization
- Significant experience in social technology, including enterprise management platforms
- Exceptional communication
- Drive for continual process improvement
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Seven (7) years of related experience
- Four (4) years management experience
- Three (3) years managing agency relationships and providing direction
- Experience leading a team of paid media planning professionals
- Previous experience managing multi-million dollar investments in social paid media
- Travel - 25%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Knowledge of franchise organizations
- Experience with Brand building and Acquisition social strategies and execution
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!