Oversees and implements the organization's fiduciary strategy on behalf of clients by providing leadership, direction and oversight of efforts associated with the Fiduciary Services Group, inclusive of regulatory compliance requirements and strategic goals related to Fiduciary Services. Provides supervisory oversight of fiduciary aspects of assigned accounts that include significant and complex fiduciary client relationships, including assessing and managing risk, appropriate exercise of fiduciary discretion and judgment and adherence to policies and procedures related to account administrative activities. Serves as key consultant to clients in developing and implementing solutions addressing client needs. Provides expert assistance to internal partners in support of client development and retention efforts. Primary Responsibilities:
Scope of Responsibilities:
- Manage significant/complex client relationships either as primary point of contact or member of dedicated team. Communicate regularly with client and manage the team of experts (Private Bankers, Investment Advisors, Commercial and Business Bankers, etc.) supporting the client, to retain and expand the relationship. Serve as key consultant to clients in developing and implementing solutions to address their needs.
- Act within defined approval limits for discretionary actions for fiduciary matters, (i.e. power to adjust, distributions, terminations, new account acceptances).
- Provide expertise and support in development of client presentations, including introducing additional experts as appropriate.
- Serve as fiduciary resource and mentor to Private Client Advisors, Financial Advisors and other internal partners to increase their job-related knowledge in serving client needs. Provide expert assistance to internal partners in support of client development and retention efforts.
- Maintain comprehensive knowledge, and coordinate efforts of, appropriate Bank resources and develop strong working relationships with support areas such as Tax, Legal and Operations to ensure client needs are met in a timely manner.
- Participate in community and civic activities to represent the Company and support additional business opportunities.
- Assist in new business development efforts with regional team and internal partners (including Private Client Advisors, Financial Advisors, Investment Advisors, Relationship Managers, Private Bankers, Regional Insurance Coordinators, Centers of Influence, other business lines and support staff).
- Understand changes in the industry and maintain currency on pertinent government regulations, including those Federal and state-specific on trust and estates and tax and fiduciary law to ensure the most current and best thinking is incorporated into client solutions.
- Understand and adhere to the Company's risk and regulatory standards, policies and controls in accordance with the Company's Risk Appetite. Identify risk-related issues needing escalation to management.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the M&T Bank brand.
- Maintain M&T internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable.
- Complete other related duties as assigned.
This position is responsible for technical fiduciary oversight of fiduciary services within a defined area, inclusive of assessing and managing risk, ensuring appropriate exercise of fiduciary discretion and judgment and ensuring adherence to policies and procedures related to account activities. The position serves as key consultant to clients to develop and implement solutions and requires the position to anticipate and identify opportunities to create new relationships and expand existing relationships through a team of professionals. The position requires the ability to communicate internally with management and executives and externally with clients, their representatives, accounting firms, other investment brokers, attorneys, CPAs (Certified Public Accountants), tax accountants and others. "Education and Experience Required:
Bachelors' degree and a minimum of 7 years' experience administering fiduciary accounts or related legal/business experience in the financial services industry including technical trust and planning experience, or in lieu of a degree, a combined minimum of 11 years' higher education and/or work experience, including a minimum of 7 years' experience administering fiduciary accounts or related legal/business experience in the financial services industry, including technical trust and planning experience
Good investment knowledge of asset allocation strategies
Thorough knowledge of fiduciary business including decisioning experience in complex fiduciary matters
Strong verbal and written communication skills
Strong presentation skills
Strong planning skills
Strong organizational skills
Strong customer focus
Experience attracting, expanding and retaining client relationships including building a significant level of trust with clients
Proficiency with personal computers
Experience maintaining high level of integrity and professionalismEducation and Experience Preferred:
Juris Doctor (JD) or Master's degree in Business Administration (MBA)
Minimum of 10 years' experience administering fiduciary accounts or related legal/business experience in the financial services industry including technical trust and planning experience
CTFA (Certified Trust and Financial Advisor) certification
Strong interpersonal skills