To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hagerstown, MD 21740
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Manager
First Data Corporation • Hagerstown, MD
Posted 1 month ago
First Data (NYSE: FDC) is a global leader in commerce-enabling technology, serving approximately six million business locations and 4,000 financial institutions in more than 100 countries around the world. The company’s 22,000 owner-associates are dedicated to helping companies, from start-ups to the world’s largest corporations, conduct commerce every day by securing and processing more than 3,000 transactions per second and $2.4 trillion per year. To learn more about First Data, visit FirstData.com.
Position Description Overview
First Data is seeking an enthusiastic HR professional who thrives in a changing environment and understands the value they can bring to helping a business grow. Our HR team members play a key role in the development of programs to recruit and retain talented employees, drive change, and help the organization achieve its goals. This individual will provide consultative HR support for managers and employees across several lines of business, and will be a member of the Hagerstown site HR team consisting of other HR Generalists, Employee Relations specialists, recruiters, and HR Analytics team members.
• The incumbent will support an operations/call center environment.
• Leverage HR data to identify strengths, gaps and trends in the workforce and environment and uses data to make informed business decisions. Analyzes data and makes recommendations to the business.
• Accountable for providing daily Human Resource guidance, advice, and support to assigned business unit employees and managers.
• Understand the business strategy of assigned client groups and aligns HR strategy and programs to support the achievement of business goals, including alignment of staffing, employee development and compensation programs.
• Support a workplace environment built around fairness, equity, diversity and inclusion.
• Ensure that best practices, legal requirements and internal practices are applied.
• Facilitate training and development sessions to promote leadership development and support the employee experience.
• Facilitate focus groups to gain insight into employee engagement.
• Assess the overall climate with a focus on increasing employee engagement and productivity through positive employee relations, effective communications, performance management and goals setting, and effective workforce planning/recruiting strategies.
• Support our changing organization by working with managers to develop effective change management strategies with a focus on communication and employee involvement.
• Consults with managers to proactively identify opportunities to enhance organizational and individual performance.
• Partners with management to identify top talent and create targeted development plans, succession planning and opportunities for high potential employees.
• Collaborate with HR teams in Talent Acquisition, Benefits, Compensation and Talent Management to administer HR programs and provide input on or lead initiatives that would best support client needs.
• Coordinate with the HR Helpdesk to drive an environment of employee and manager self-service. Analyze data and provide recommendations to the business.
• Bachelors in Business Administration or Human Resources, 1-2 years of experience, or equivalent
• Experience supporting an operations or call center environment is preferred.
• Analytical mindset – ability to review and summarize data, identify trends, and recommend appropriate actions that align with organizational objectives.
• Must be driven, independent and operate with a sense of urgency.
• The successful candidate must be able to quickly shift priorities, be comfortable operating in an environment of ambiguity, and quickly adapt to change.
• Ability to embrace and learn new processes and system and operate effectively with changing priorities and responsibilities.
• Proficiency in MS Office products, specifically Excel, Word and PowerPoint Experience using HR information systems (e.g. PeopleSoft, Workday, SAP)
• Creative problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of employment law and practices.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
First Data is an Affirmative Action – Equal Opportunity Employer (Minorities/Females/Vets/Disabled/LGBT)
First Data provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, marital status, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity/expression), disability, veteran status and military status, pregnancy or pregnancy-related medical conditions, or any other factor that may be protected by law.