Primetals Technologies, a worldwide leading engineering and manufacturer of capital equipment for the steel making industry, known for our strengths in mechanical engineering, electronics, automation, manufacturing,project management and service is hiring for the following position:
The Project Engineer/Technical Coordinator is a core project team member working closely with Project Management, representing Engineering with focused technical support to the customer as well as internal and external engineering customers. The Project Engineer is responsible for collaborating with engineering groups to determine the most efficient and cost effective route possible taking into account engineering workload, manufacturing and procurement requirements and project schedule in direct coordination with engineering management.
The role of the Project Engineer spans across all departments for the life of a project, from Sales and Proposal for initial interface to Installation Services for the site work and commissioning support for final project closure.
Sales and Proposal
• Review and clarify the as-sold technical specifications and scope of supply to ensure clarity at the time of project handover.
• Assist engineering management with coordination of information, milestones, and schedules across departments.
• Liaison with all engineering suppliers, internal, customer and external suppliers.
• Attend and support internal coordination and external project meetings
• Assist with coordination and minuting of design reviews and collaboration meetings
• Assist in the layout engineering and coordination of equipment selections and configurations
• Review and update action list items
• Identify and coordinate Change Order opportunities
• Monitor and update release communications with internal and external parties
• Assist with documentation management to conform to contract requirements
Procurement and Manufacturing
• Support queries regarding project and released scope of supply
• Communicate supply plans to engineering for overall scheduling and coordination
• Attend customer meetings as required
• Monitor communications to ensure actions and questions are logged and updated
• Assist with queries regarding drawing documentation for delivery/site activity and as a point of contact for the site
team for back-office coordination and support
Required Knowledge/skills, Education and Experience:
• Bachelor of Science degree in an engineering field, project management or operations management
• Candidate must have a basic knowledge of rolling mill terminology
• Strong communication, time management and organizational skills are a must
• A minimum of 2 years of working experience is required
• International travel will be required for the position but <5%
• Proficiency with MS Office suite of products is required
• Ability to create and revise plant and equipment layout drawings using AutoCAD or Solidworks
• Ability to read and understand technical and commercial contracts is required
• Knowledge of SAP a plus
• Understanding of process interfaces and identify opportunities for process enhancement and improvements is expected
• Understanding of business and financial terminology
Primetals offers competitive pay and benefits effective on your first day of employment, including health, dental, vision, 401k, life
insurance, disability insurance and paid time off. EOE
Product Quality Assurance
Computer Aided Design