Digital Realty supports the data center, colocation and interconnection strategies of customers across the Americas, EMEA and APAC, ranging from cloud and information technology services, communications and social networking to financial services, manufacturing, energy, healthcare and consumer products.
Now is the time to join Digital Realty and be part of the world’s trusted foundation powering digital ambitions to our customers, prospects and partners. Digital Realty’s heritage is understanding a customer’s local to global data center needs to address mixed workloads and densities. Enterprises are adapting IT strategies on-the-fly to meet rapidly evolving demands. As data creation and consumption are increasing, so are the tools, clouds, networks and resources needed to support it. This data gravity effect can lead to global workflow management that isn’t consistent across deployments, only compounding the complexities. As one of the world’s largest data center companies, we offer colocation and scale offerings combined best in class connectivity, cloud and data centric solutions. Digital Realty is seeking motivated and imaginative professionals to grow our Enterprise business.
Position: Paralegal, Corporate
An experienced corporate paralegal to join the Company's corporate legal team. This position reports to the Corporate Counsel responsible for Board and Equity matters.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience as a corporate paralegal, including a combination of major law firm and relevant in-house experience.
- Experience supporting public company boards and handling Section 16 reporting is required.
- Experience administering partnership units and public company equity plans is a plus.
- Experience with global entity management is helpful.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and excellent drafting, writing, speaking and analytical skills.
- Ability to identify potential legal risks and issues, and effectively counsel clients.
- Flexible team-player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated, independent and able to handle and prioritize time-sensitive projects.
- Ability to develop and implement processes for Legal Department.
- Digital Realty cares about the health and safety of its workforce, customers, and vendors. Except in limited circumstances where an employee is legally entitled to an accommodation, Digital Realty requires all new hires to be fully vaccinated by their start date as a condition of employment.
Supports corporate governance matters and compliance, including submitting ongoing updates to NYSE on corporate governance requirements. Prepares and files (using the Company’s filing platform) Section 16 reports for the Company’s directors and executive officers. Manages the Company’s subsidiary operating partnership’s partnership unit program, including assisting limited partners with redemptions and conversions of partnership units, and other requests related to partnership units. Works closely with the HR team to support the Company’s equity plan administration. Working closely with the Corporate Legal Manager, who is responsible for global entity management, supports global entity management, including new entity formation, entity maintenance and intercompany agreements. Drafts, reviews and negotiates NDAs and commercial contracts with suppliers, vendors and consultants. Supports the continuous improvement of policies, procedures and forms for the Legal Department. Executes assigned projects as determined by needs of the Legal Department.
- Manages, supports and assists with all aspects of the Company’s Board and Committee matters and meetings, including:
- Drafting and updating meeting agendas, schedules and minutes as well as resolutions;
- Maintaining annual meeting calendars and quarterly internal calendars;
- Scheduling of regular quarterly and off-cycle meetings;
- Coordinating, organizing and maintaining the Company’s e-board book platform (Diligent), including posting of materials for review and online voting, coordinating cross-functionally on meeting materials, and maintaining the Board and Committee resource center (on Diligent);
- Director onboarding and offboarding; and
- All other tasks and projects required to coordinate the preparation for the meetings and to support the General Counsel and the Legal team during the meetings.
Note: this description is intended to give you a general overview of the position and is not an exhaustive listing of duties and responsibilities.
Digital Realty: Where the cloud lives and business thrives
We built the global standard for technical real estate, developing a unique capability to acquire, manage, and scale data center campuses. Now, Digital Realty is building a unique ecosystem of open solutions that power customer growth through exceptional service on a foundation of unrivaled data center expertise. The new Digital Realty combines unparalleled data center services, carrier-dense interconnection, real estate acumen, and financial strength to create unique power of choice and value when and where our customers need it.
To provide our customers with the trusted foundation for the digital world
To build a network of connected campuses and internet gateways that become the heart of the internet and cloud, powering growth and prosperity for customers, employees and shareholders.
Guide our decisions and actions every day—above all else, we value customers, excellence, talent, teamwork and success.
About Digital Realty
Digital Realty Trust, Inc. supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 2,000 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Digital Realty Trust is committed to employing a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop and retain people with backgrounds, experiences and perspectives that reflect the full diversity of our society.
Digital Realty is a publicly traded company (NYSE: DLR) with investment grade ratings from all three major ratings agencies.
Digital Realty offers a highly competitive compensation package, excellent benefits, and an environment that recognizes and rewards your contributions.
Digital Realty is an equal opportunity employer, EOE/AA/M/F/Vets/Disabled
Please do not forward unsolicited resumes to any employee of Digital Realty and its subsidiaries. Digital Realty is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited referrals.
- Agenda Development
- Attention To Detail
- Business Process Improvement