To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
150 Peabody Place
Memphis, TN 38103
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
ACQUISITION ACCOUNTANT II
ServiceMaster • Memphis, TN
Posted 12 days ago
Responsible for month end close, preparing journal entries, preparing reconciliations for assigned accounts and performing detailed account analysis and interpreting results.
- Month end close
- Review acquisition branch P&L to prior year, prior month, budget, projections, etc. and identify/research/resolve any missing or unusual balances
- Record all revenue/accounts receivable/cash entries to GL from acquisition company operating system
- Determine if adjusting entries for balance sheet accounts such as accruals/deferrals are needed
- Verify GL postings for certain expenses agree to supporting documentation: identify/research/resolve differences
- Ensure proper resolution of purchase accounting entries for assigned accounts
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Reconcile ledger to supporting documentation/source (operating system, bank statements, etc)
- Serve as liaison to field managers and department owner including resolving accounting issues
- Perform ad-hoc financial analysis
- Incentive/commission payment reviews
- Prepare schedules for auditors
- Prepare monthly financial presentations and analysis
- Participate in integration of new team members, supervise less experienced team members
- Perform GL account analysis/analytics and interpret results
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- 2 - 7 years of related work history or an equivalent combination of education and experience, required
- Exposure to financial accounting, operational accounting or finance
- Proficient in MS Office
- Eligible for CPA preferred
- Experience with ERP system such as JDE preferred not required
- Ability to work collaboratively cross-functionally contributing to team success
- Able to effectively handle multiple projects concurrently
- Detail oriented, highly motivated with strong work ethic and quality orientation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to analyze accounts, identify variances and unusual trends, and interpret results
- Decision making
- Understanding of business processes and impact of such processes on accounting processes/procedures, including identifying control risks
- Adaptability, applied learning and initiating action
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.