CR currently has an opening for Manager, Data Engineering. The "Manager, Data Engineering (Business Intelligence (BI))" is as hands-on role responsible for designing, building, and maintaining systems for collecting, storing, and analyzing data that is used for business decision making. The goal is to build data repositories, data pipelines ,standard reports, charts, and visualizations to enable various teams at CR to gain insights from their data and make better business decisions.
Under our CRFlex program, this position is eligible for Fully Remote status for candidates who live more than 75 miles from one of our main office locations (Yonkers, NY, Washington DC, Colchester,CT). Additionally, the successful candidate must reside in one of the following locations: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Illinois, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New York, Texas, Vermont, Washington D.C.
HOW YOU'LL MAKE AN IMPACT
As Manager, Data Engineering you will design, build and maintain data pipelines and data warehouses to support business intelligence and analytics initiatives. You will evaluate, propose, and implement new systems and tools necessitated by emerging architectural shifts in data visualizations and reporting. Coach, and mentor junior BI engineers and analyst and maintain relationships with external software vendors for timely execution of renewal and support of BI products and services.
You'll Be Highly Rated If you meet the following criteria:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science Engineering or other related field with a minimum of 7 years of relevant industry experience
* Experience leading BI engineers
* Experience working on AWS Cloud
* Experience and thorough knowledge of Data Modelling (3NF, Dimensional)
* Experience and thorough knowledge of various database technologies (Oracle, Snowflake, MongoDB)
* Experience and thorough knowledge of object oriented programming languages (Python)
* Experience and thorough knowledge of data manipulation/analysis scripting languages and libraries ( Unix Shell Scripting, SQL, Pandas,Numpy etc)
* Experience and thorough knowledge of BI softwares (Tableau)
* Experience working with devops tools and technologies (git, jenkins, dockers, kubernetes, terraform)
* General knowledge of different data visualization softwares, tools, frameworks and libraries (D3.js, Plotly, Dash etc.)
* Excellent communication and collaboration skills to partner with business and technology
You'll Be One of Our Top Picks If you have:
* AWS certifications
* Tableau Certifications
* Exposure to data science and engineering platforms (Databricks)
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to your start date.
WHO WE ARE
Consumer Reports is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to a fair and just marketplace for consumers. Our team is made up of truth tellers, change agents, and consumer advocates who investigate and build coalitions to fight for fairness and justice in the marketplace. We leverage our evidence-based approach to demand safer products, a healthier environment, and equitable services for everyone. Our mission starts with you. We offer medical benefits from that start on your first day as a CR employee that include behavioral health coverage and unlimited sick days. There's also generous family planning benefits and a generous 401K match. Learn more about how CR's advocates for strong benefits on behalf of their employees here: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Manager, Data Engineering (Business Intelligence)
FAIR PAY & A JUST WORKPLACE
At Consumer Reports, we are committed to fair, transparent pay and we strive to provide competitive, market-informed compensation. The target salary range for this position is $160k to $180k. It is anticipated that most qualified candidates will fall near the middle of this range. Compensation for the successful candidate will be informed by the candidate's particular combination of knowledge, skills, competencies, and experience. Consumer Reports proudly seeks to build a richly diverse workforce by hiring people with a diversity of thoughts, identities, perspectives, and experiences that help advance the difference we make for consumers, and by ensuring our people experience equity and inclusion in their work lives. We encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, LGBTQIA people, people of color, and people with disabilities.
- Business Intelligence
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Data Analysis
- Data Modeling