$55000.00 to $65000.00 yearly
STRONG STAFF ACCOUNTANT - Growing Food Distributor and Producer in Norcross
Do you want to become a critical part of an innovative manufacturing company? Robert Half Finance has an opportunity for a full-time Staff Accountant. A desire to rise to the challenge and the ability to manage multiple components are musts. This Staff Accountant position is for candidates who can prepare journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. This role will involve internal reporting during the monthly close, participation in compliance, interaction with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and reviewing schedules reporting processes. Located in the Norcross, Georgia area, this position is a challenging, multi-faceted opportunity to work for a company that recognizes and rewards hard work. Are you a detail-oriented and analytical thinker with a talent for creating Financial Statements, Cash Flow projections, and Budgets? You might thrive in this role.
Your responsibilities in this role:
- Maintain, implement, and adhere to internal controls. Also ensure that accounting procedures comply with GAAP
- Perform month end close, journal entries, with minimum supervision
- Take part in various department-wide initiatives
- Impromptu reporting and special projects, when requested
- Recurring journal entries maintenance and reconciliation
- Thorough experience with month end balance sheet account reconciliations
- Manage intercompany reconciliation, billings, and transactions
- Organize and review a variety of financial data, reporting it in a way that is useful and understandable
- Assemble analyses for monthly balance sheets and income statements for management reporting
- Support the month end, quarter end and year end closing process by preparing monthly financial close workbooks
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations which include, but are not limited to, cash, prepaid expenses, and payroll
- Bachelors in Accounting, Finance or Economics required
- Recent and relevant accounting experience
- Experience with full cycle accounting, inventory, reconciliations, etc.
- Previous cost accounting experience is ideal
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics GP is a huge +
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience required
- Strong organizational, written and verbal communication skills required
- Dedication and requisite skills to meet critical business deadlines
- Attention to detail and proven ability to follow standard procedures is a requirement
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Ability to work well in matrix organization and dealing with ambiguity
- Skilled in analytical, quantitative and social skills
If you are interested in this opportunity and possess the required experience, please submit your formal and confidential resume to Kristen Stough. This is a growing company with excellent opportunities for growth and career development.
Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized talent solutions firm that connects highly qualified job seekers to opportunities at great companies. We offer contract, temporary and permanent placement solutions for finance and accounting, technology, marketing and creative, legal, and administrative and customer support roles.
Robert Half puts you in the best position to succeed by advocating on your behalf and promoting you to employers. We provide access to top jobs, competitive compensation and benefits, and free online training. Stay on top of every opportunity – even on the go. Download the Robert Half app and get 1-tap apply, instant notifications for AI-matched jobs, and more.
Questions? Call your local office at
. All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Benefits are available to contract/temporary professionals. Visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Staff Accountant
for more information.