Optum is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Enterprise Clinical Integration and Interoperability (ECII) team is part of Optum Enterprise Clinical Technology group and is tasked with the ownership of technical solutions that securely expose UnitedHealthcare’s clinical data to our partners and members via established industry standards. ECII’s FHIR-based software platform is growing and we are looking for a Technical Application Architect that will help us establish architectural patterns for the platform and oversee if features are being built in a way that are aligned to the architectural vision. This role will also aid the development team in solving our most difficult technical problems.
- Serve as a Technical Application Architect for the software platform
- Establish architectural patterns for the application
- Work across all development teams to ensure the application being built adheres to established architectural patterns
- Work ahead of the development teams to ensure development teams have a solid design in place and a good understanding of the technical solution when it is time to build it
- Allocate time, on average:
- 50% of the time designing new areas of the platform through hands-on development of the main modules and components, and vetting proof of concept technical solutions
- 25% of the time working with the team ensuring the new build follows the established architectural vision
- 25% investigate technology choices or enhancements to the software platform, document solutions, and evangelize new architectural patterns across all development teams
- Be positioned in Raleigh, NC
- Work typical on-shore hours (9am-5pm ET) with occasional meetings earlier or later to support other time zones as needed
- Occasionally work with other external teams on architecture of a system-to-system integration, but in general focus on the technical architecture of the software platform
- Occasionally work with business teams to understand the value platform brings to our customers
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Leading development teams with 20+ developers (6+ years)
- Hands-on experience developing FHIR implementation of a client and server applications (4+ years)
- Experience implementing solutions protecting clinical data covered by HIPAA (6+ years)
- Experience designing application for the Cloud (Azure) (2+ years)
- Experience working on an Agile software delivery team (6+ years)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Proficiency with Object Oriented design and patterns (8+ years)
- Experience developing in Java (8+ years)
- Hands-on experience implementing SMART on FHIR application (2+ years)
- Hands on experience creating front end application with AngularJS (4+ years)
- Familiar with clinical data coding systems and domains CPT, ICD, LOINC, etc.
- Hands-on experience implementing the OAuth 2.0 Authorization Framework (and any other complementing RFCs) as a server side (2-4 years)
- Experience designing application that interact with or are launched from EHRs (EPIC, Allscripts, Cerner etc.) (2+ years)
- Experience designing application that are embedded into EHRs’ marketplace (1+ years)
- Experience developing solutions that process HL7 v3 documents (CCD-A and various CCD-A templates) (1-3 years)
- Experience translating HL7 Implementation Guides into application design (2+ years)
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
For more information on our Internal Job Posting Policy, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Principal Architect (FHIR) - Telecommute.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.