JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Enterprise Architect works with the business, stakeholders, executive leadership, and subject matter experts, to build a holistic view of the organization's strategy, processes, information, and technology assets. The role of the Enterprise Architect is to take this knowledge and ensure that the business and technology are in alignment. This role operates across organizational ""silos"" to drive common approaches and expose technical assets and processes across the enterprise.
- Researches and sets strategic direction for technology architecture across IS domains: application, business, data, technology. Documents and manages the implementation of multi-year roadmaps for assigned focus areas. Drives the development and communication of enterprise standards and guidelines.
- Develops, communicates and deploys architecture governance processes. Establishes and maintains key relationships with business owners to establish plans for short term and long range strategies.
- Creates solution architecture options that align IS services with business sponsor's missions, goals and objectives. Considers both technical and non-technical implications and trade-offs during solution definition. Evaluates and assesses vendor solutions, determining alignment to company strategic and technological direction.
- Analyzes and documents current state solution architectures as needed. Owns solution architecture/high level design throughout the project life cycle, including testing and implementation phases.
- Designs process frameworks, sequence diagrams, and detailed component lists in the design and analysis phase. Reviews detailed designs for adherence to the proposed solution architecture. Coaches and mentors IS team members on technology and architecture practices. Coordinates with IS team members to ensure that technology standards and processes are followed.
- Champions new approaches that address current and future challenges and provide unique business solutions. Researches current and future technologies and provides recommendations aligned to the technology strategies. Conducts proofs-of-concepts to validate solution/technical approach.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college in business administration, computer science, information systems or a related academic field computer science, information systems, or a related academic field of study OR seven (7) years of work experience supporting the creation of solutions for multiple systems
- Four (4) years performing object-oriented programming; or any combination of education and experience providing the types and levels of knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the job. Experience must include design experience in complex computing environments
- Extensive Hands-on expertise in advanced programming languages such as C#, SQL, Java
- Thorough knowledge of a wide variety of systems, software packages, and the scope and capabilities of each
- Deep understanding of the technical architecture landscape combined with the ability to apply that knowledge to solving complex business problems
- Expert level of skill and experience from an information technology perspective as well as a better than working knowledge of business systems and processes
- Success in effectively presenting information and responding to questions from senior business and Information Services management and staff, customers, and clients
- Proven record of working cross-functionally to help solve problems and implementing changes.
- Working knowledge of the roles, functions, and purposes represented by all members of an organization and project teams
- Master's degree in Business Administration, computer science, information systems, or a related academic field of study
- Ten (10) years of progressive experience including leading efforts to create technological solutions impacting critical areas of the organization
- Experience with enterprise integration tools and extract, transformation and load (ETL) tools
- Will have participated in, and be familiar with Agile (Scrum) and Waterfall project methodologies and practices o. Certificate for Systems Engineer (Preferred)
Scrum (Software Development)
Agile Software Development