To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hartford, CT 06102
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Medical Assistant (MA) - Employee Health
Hartford Healthcare Corporation • Hartford, CT
Posted 1 month ago
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 20,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse and/or Physician, the Medical Assistant performs delegated functions as a member of the patient care team to provide a variety of multi-skilled services. These activities contribute to meeting the health care, safety and comfort needs of patients, and are performed in accordance with all existing regulatory, state and company standards, policies and procedures. (Duties of the Medical Assistant can vary from center to center). Reports to the assigned supervisor.
• Provides safe and appropriate basic patient care and administrative duties as needed, delegated by a Registered Nurse, LPN, and/or Physician in order to assist patients in achieving established outcomes by: collecting data points (e.g. vital signs, EKG’s, blood glucose monitoring, etc.) to provide to the RN, LPN, APRN, PA or Physician with information utilized in assessment.
• Performs direct patient observation; reports changes in patient condition to RN, LPN, or Physician and assists in reinforcing patient education.
• Performs various other duties such as dressing changes, suture removal, phlebotomy and subsequent appropriate specimen preparation and preservation, and audio’s as assigned.
• Collects urine specimens according to Chain of Custody collection procedures.
• Performs selected basic therapeutic measures under the direction of an RN or LPN to assist in achieving established patient care outcomes.
• Maintains a safe, clean and orderly environment for patients and visitors by performing the selected duties as assigned.
• Models quality patient/ customer services by: demonstrating a willingness to serve all customers at all times; maintain an awareness of patient needs and utilize the initiative to respond to those needs within skill level; utilizes tact, discretion, and compassion in dealing with other members of the team to ensure quality patient care.
• Contributes to improvement by participating in meetings, training, in-service education, and performance improvement activities as directed. Ensures cost-effective utilization of resources within own control.
• CPR certified (or validation within 3 months of hire).
• Phlebotomy Certification
• UDS Certification Preferred
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.