To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlantic City, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Employment Education Counselor
Geo Reentry Services, LLC. • Atlantic City, NJ
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Conducts and oversees Re-Entry Center employment training and job development programs as well as General Equivalency Diploma (GED) preparation for all Re-Entry clients in need of those services. Learns, uses and models principles of the What Works system through evidence-based practices in all interactions with clients and other staff members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conducts employment assessments and creates individual employment plans for each assigned client using principles of the What Works system. Documents clients progress in the Company database.
- Conducts on-going job preparation, job retention and life skills classes.
- Establishes and oversees job preparation and computer skills training resources. Provides appropriate referrals for clients.
- Establishes and coordinates relationships with state and private employment agencies and vocational schools.
- Arranges for client placement in vocational training in coordination with local vocational schools. Monitors client attendance and completion of training.
- Develops on-the-job support for clients who have been placed.
- Conducts individual education assessments and creates educational plans for each referred client using principles of the What Works system. Documents clients progress in the Company database.
- Establishes and oversees computer learning lab for GED preparation and remedial education.
- Provides clients with referrals for undergraduate and graduate studies.
- May facilitate psycho-educational/behavior modification groups. Documents clients progress in Company database.
- May manage a small caseload of Re-Entry clients using principles of the 'What Works' system. Conducts risk/need assessments and creates individual treatment plans for each assigned client. Provides case management services as needed. Documents all client contact in Company database.
- Assists other Re-Entry Center staff with general operations to meet the needs of the program.
Job Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective communication skills with internal and external contacts at all levels.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to set boundaries.
- Good presentation, public speaking and facilitation skills.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Good networking skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize appropriately.
- Solid computer skills and proficiency with MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Knowledge of local area labor/employment market and community resources.
- Bi-lingual skills (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
Education or Formal Training:
- Bachelors Degree in Human Services, Criminal Justice, Education or employment-related field required.
- Masters Degree in Human Services, Criminal Justice, Education or employment-related field preferred.
- Appropriate state teaching certification preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working with offender/minority populations in an adult educational setting using computer lab required.
- Some experience working with local area labor/employment market required.
- Use of standard office equipment such as copier, computer, keyboard, telephone and fax machine.
- The work environment and physical demands are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Equal Opportunity Employer