To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Somerset, KY
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Department Manager- General Merchandise (Full-time) Somerset KY
Barnes & Noble College • Somerset, KY
Posted 12 days ago
Barnes & Noble College is a retail environment like no other – uniquely focused on delivering outstanding customer service. Our stores can carry everything from text and trade books, technology, and school supplies to clothing, regalia, and food-- everything a college student desires, their parents want, and our faculty needs. A Department Manager should be a resource for all departments, a model for customer service, a driver for sales, and a skillful problem solver.
As a Department Manager in General Merchandise you will support all store operations and departments in partnership with the management team. You will manage daily activities of the selling floor to ensure the appeal of our displays and the availability of merchandise. General Merchandise is a high energy, multi-faceted department where your adaptability, creativity, customer service, listening, and problem solving skills will be exercised. You must be knowledgeable about department and store operations, and provide outstanding customer service to the academic and co-curricular community while being part of a company that is consistently rated as a great place to work - and where employees love what they do.
- Maintain a presence on the sales floor and a working knowledge of all departments to greet customers, answer questions, recommend products and/or services, help locate or obtain materials, and provide daily support, direction, and guidance to booksellers.
- Ability to use department specific technology such as CORE or Intrepid to answer questions, recommend products, place orders, locate items, search inventory, or meet customer needs.
- Maintain an appealing and clean sales floor—hang, fold, shelve, peg merchandise to a particular standard using a planogram or general merchandising guidelines.
- Assist with processing sales transactions involving cash, credit, or financial aid payments.
- Full-time positions require availability to work at least 30 hours on a weekly basis year round. Schedules may be set or vary to meet the needs of the store.
- Frequent movement within the store to access various departments, areas, and/or products.
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for extended periods.
- Frequent lifting.
- Occasional reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders.
- 2+ years’ experience in a retail setting as a manager or buyer preferred or a graduate of the Best Seller Program.
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Outstanding customer service skills to match customers to products that meet their needs.
- Basic reading, writing and accounting skills required.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills needed.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Barnes & Noble College is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.