To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Nashville, TN 37219
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Cardinal Health • Nashville, TN
Posted 2 months ago
What Health System Pharm - Clinical contributes to Cardinal Health
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
- Under the direct supervision of manager, this position is responsible for dispensing and ensuring safe and efficient delivery of medications to all customers.
- Maintains open communication and is available to customers and practitioner sites for consultation
- Participates in supervision of technical staff
- Ensure pharmacy is compliant with best practices and in accordance with federal, state and local regulations
- Provide professional consultation to both patients and prescribers of partner health facility
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
Pharmaceutical Drug Preparation & Dispensing: Possesses sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully review, prepare and dispense prescribed medications. This includes being proficient in the general principles of aseptic technique utilized to compound sterile preparations (CSPs) to minimize the risk of contamination (where applicable).
Medication Management: Demonstrates the uppermost levels of expertise in medication management in challenging and complex situations. Often takes a lead role in highly pressurized situations when there is a need to achieve results. Has the ability to determine the clinical appropriateness of each medication taken by the patient, determine the appropriateness of the dose, dosage form, indication, contraindications, potential adverse effects and potential problems with concomitant medications. Able to monitor for therapeutic duplication or other unnecessary medications, interpret, monitor and assessing patient's laboratory results as they relate to medication therapy and provide drug information to other healthcare professionals, patients and their families.
Pharmaceutical Quality Assurance & Compliance: Demonstrates expert knowledge of the appropriate rules and regulations as they apply to the organization. Demonstrates expertise in process improvement, quality assurance practices and/or programs. Demonstrates a commitment to continuous quality improvement and ensures compliance with a federal, state and local regulations as well as organizational policies and procedures. May represent the organization at regulatory and industry groups for discussing rules and regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy required, PharmD preferred
- Pharmacist registration in the state where the position is located
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Interpersonal relations and customer service skills
- Mailorder pharmacy or retail pharmacy experience preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.