To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Monroe, NC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
LARGE CASE MACHINIST
CIRCOR International, Inc • Monroe, NC
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
BUSINESS: CIRCOR PUMPING TECHNOLOGIES
LOCATION: MONROE NC
DIRECT REPORTING: Production Supervisor
FUNCTIONAL REPORTING: Operations
CIRCOR Pumping Technologies, located in Monroe, North Carolina is searching for a Large Case Machinist to join its team.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Set up and operate by tape, manuscript or manual computer control, a variety of work involving operations such as milling, facing, drilling, reaming, boring, tapping, slotting, grinding, turning and other operations.
- Deburring and cleaning parts in preparation for Hydro test.
- Make necessary inspection checks and chart dimensions as required, to insure accuracy of part due to tool wear or deflection.
- Select and set proper holding devices, fixtures, and necessary attachments; layout as required. Position part or parts to be machined on machine table using lifting equipment as required; clamp in position for machining so as to avoid springing or damage to finished surfaces.
- Adjust and set cutting tools in tool changers or heads, grind single point cutting tools as required; select proper speeds and feeds; select and set attachments such as dividing heads and rotary index table as required.
- During automatic cycle time operator is to perform miscellaneous operations such as preparing next piece for machine, simple deburring and hydro test operations, or the operation of supplemental machines.
- Utilize CBS visual management board for scheduling and reporting. The use of computer software and hardware is required.
- Use precision measuring instruments such as verniers, micrometers, dial indicators, templates, feelers, gages of all types, scale, calipers, and electronic measuring equipment to maintain dimensions and tolerance as required.
- Set up and hydrostatic test parts using test presses and/or fixtures as required. Apply required pressure by use of hand, pump or valve; use pressure gages to determine and maintain proper pressure; observe for leaks and report to supervisor for dispositions; stamp as required; apply sealing solution and treat as directed.
- Remove surplus metal, sand, cores, bead splatters, rust, scale, burrs, high spots, ragged edges and foreign matter from unfinished or finished parts. Load and unload production washing machinery. Preserve with rust preventative as required.
- Keep working area, machines and equipment in a clean, orderly condition. Safeguard working area as necessary. Wear all safety equipment that is necessary on the job.
- The ability to use all machining equipment, hydro and pump test stands. Tools include all basic cutting tools, dividing head, boring heads, parallels, jacks, vee blocks, hand tools, and other necessary equipment. Hoist operated cranes and other lifting equipment. Torque wrenches, hand and power grinders, files and sanding disc. etc.
- Work from verbal or written instructions, with or without job tag instructions; read and work from blue prints, charts sketches, process specifications and masters. Perform all duties without assistance, except on unusual or difficult jobs. Consistently produce work of proper quality and of proper required quantity.