Manages the manufacturing site's sourcing activities, including but not limited to, working in conjunction with the global sourcing organization and/or the materials manager to develop and implement business strategies impacting supply chain consolidation, cost reduction, quality improvement as well as supplier assessment and associated scorecard activities.
Plans, prepares, issues, and controls materials requirements and purchases to support the continuous flow and delivery of product to the customer at the highest quality and lowest cost.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
• Identify and implement key areas of opportunity to drive aggregate cost and quality improvements. May be done in conjunction with company-wide sourcing activities.
• Maintains MRP. Identifies raw material, component and sub-assembly requirements for production from engineering and production specifications and schedules. Prepares and places purchase requests for the production or purchase of components or parts based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
• Schedules and expedites the movement of parts as necessary.
• Analyzes inventory usage, scrap and shrinkage, and coordinates any appropriate corrective action.
• Assists management or drives resolution of problems concerning over shipments, shortages, engineering changes and cancellation of orders. Advises management of issues with materials availability and potential production problems and coordinates any appropriate corrective action when necessary.
• Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as well as negotiation skills.
• Proven computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point. Ability to generate and work with Excel models while simultaneously implementing new business enterprise systems.
• Purchasing and Inventory Management experience.
• APICS certification in Materials Planning, Purchasing and Inventory Management preferred.
• BS/BA in Business, Technical or Materials Management or degree required.
• Minimum 2-3 years experience preferred which provided thorough knowledge of a variety of manufacturing activities including purchasing, materials management and planning, production and engineering. Also has experience requiring the use of a computerized MRP system such as MAS90, Oracle, SAP, MAPICS.
• Good understanding of the linkages between inventory control, planning and procurement relative to materials requirements planning. Ability to understand and summarize revenue impacts based on plans changes.
Nesco Resource is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
Material Requirements Planning