Security and Compliance Auditor
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Work Schedule: Full Time (Standard work days are Monday through Friday, but may require occasional extended periods of time as necessary)
• Reports To: Manager of Security and Compliance
• Direct Reports: None
• Relocation: Some relocation assistance available
• Travel: 80% travel expected for this position
Let your career take off with PSA AirlinesAbout Us
Company Summary: As a wholly owned subsidiary of American Airlines and the fastest growing regional airline in the country, PSA offers a stable career path in aviation with unparalleled opportunities for growth and professional development. Teamwork and drive are at the heart of PSA. We are committed to growing our company where passion is shared, professional excellence is expected, and all people are valued and respected.
Our employees are committed to ensuring safe and reliable operations for the thousands of customers American trusts us with each and every day. We have an incredible team of more than 4,000 employees who do a tremendous job of operating more than 800 daily flights to nearly 100 destinations on behalf of American Airlines. Our immense growth provides a number of opportunities to join our team.
Culture: Not only is PSA an EEO and AAP employer, but also we seek to create an inclusive work environment where diverse perspectives and experiences are embraced and respected. We work hard to build and sustain a culture where people – team members and customers alike – feel safe, secure and happy. It is URL blocked - click to apply, which focuses on our goals, safety, respect, preparedness, professional excellence, and passion. This foundation reflects how we think, act, and communicate with one another and our customers.
Charlotte, NC – Charlotte hosts one of PSA’s senior bases. It is the largest city in the state of North Carolina and the third-fastest growing major city in the United States. Nicknamed the “Queen City,” this city upholds rich history and southern hospitality. You will enjoy the food scene, art and history. Home of the Carolina Panthers, Charlotte Motor Speedway, NASCAR Hall of Fame and Carolinas Aviation Museum, this city offers an abundance of activities.Benefits Summary
PSA offers the benefits you expect from a company focused on excellence. All employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package, including:
• Travel privileges on the American Airlines global network
• A generous vacation plan designed to let you enjoy your travel perks
• Medical, Dental & Vision
• 401k with company match
• American Airlines Group (AAG) profit-sharing and bonus opportunities
• Company-paid Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short and Long-term Disability, Flexible Spending Plan (FSA), and supplementary options
As the Security and Compliance Auditor, you will impact PSA Airlines’ business growth through interaction with company managers, union representatives, TSA and the FAA. In maintaining and auditing company databases, you will project a strong commitment to the promotion of security and regulatory compliance.
• Perform audits at all field stations PSA Airlines operates out of to ensure safety, security, and ground operations standards are being followed in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), American Airlines, and EGOM rules and regulations.
• Ensure all follow-up audits are conducted in accordance with Safety Management System (SMS) and Internal Audit Evaluation Program (IAEP) requirements.
• Respond to special audit requests from senior management.
• Review audit responses for completion and accuracy.
• Ensure audit and evaluation records are maintained and current.
• Communicate and collaborate with TSA, FAA, and PSA representatives and employees as required.
• Track and investigate delays contributing to PSA’s D0, RS0 and T0.
• Attend weekly performance and operational calls.
• Participate in ground handler scheduled meetings/briefings at hubs or stations.
• Work with dispatch and maintenance on operational items.
• Address station related operations reports from crews with investigations and follow up.
• Investigate reports related to ERC committee.
• Address and respond to emails sent to PSA Airports distribution list.
• Liaise with station managers to identify controllable performance concerns.
• Collect and track data to assist in performance reviews with struggling stations.
• Address daily station issues from Chief pilots, Inflight management and dispatch.
• Conduct performance observations at stations per direction of Manager to identify issues.
• Participate in meetings with AA regional performance teams.
• Participate in aircraft damage calls and investigations with stations.
• Maintain and update weekly performance recap report to VP and President.
• Update and maintain PSA Security Operations Manual.
• Assist with the PSA Emergency Response Program.
• Complete weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly reports to be submitted to the Vice President of Safety and Manager of Security and Compliance
• Perform any additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Perform employee vetting process for the TSA watch list.
• Train new Security Department employees on departmental processes.
• In absence, duties performed by the Manager of Security and Compliance.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• At least two years of airline operations experience
• Proficient computer skills with Microsoft Office programs
• Valid driver’s license
• Ability to speak/read/write in English
• Two years of audit experience
• Bachelor’s degree in a safety-related field or aviation
To be successful at PSA, you should be:
To be successful in this position, you should be great at:
• Time and performance management
• Problem solving
• Working with minimal supervision in a team environment
Work Environment: This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, telephones, photocopiers, facsimile machines and filing cabinets.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. This is largely a sedentary role; however, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; climb up and down stairs; lift weight up to 25 lbs; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Security Clearance: All employees are required to pass the fingerprint-based criminal history records check (CHRC) per 49CFR1542.209 as well as a pre-employment drug screen.
AAP/EEO Statement: PSA Airlines is an equal opportunity employer; qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and sexual orientation), national origin, citizenship status, age, disability, genetic information, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designated to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.