St. Luke's is proud of the skills, experience and compassion of its employees. The employees of St. Luke's are our most valuable asset! Individually and together, our employees are dedicated to satisfying the mission of our organization which is an unwavering commitment to excellence as we care for the sick and injured; educate physicians, nurses and other health care providers; and improve access to care in the communities we serve, regardless of a patient's ability to pay for health care.
Answers incoming calls, emails, live chat to InfoLink providing accurate information regarding St. Luke's facilities, services, physicians, programs and events collecting appropriate patient demographic information and logging it accurately in call center software. Registers callers for classes/programs and/or screenings conducted by various network departments including but not limited to the New Beginnings Family Birth Centers, Cancer Center, Neuroscience, Community Health, Human Resources, providing directions and community alternatives if needed. Handles incoming patient information calls accessing Epic EAD to locate patients at all network facilities. Places outbound patient satisfaction follow up calls to discharged patients as well as outbound calls for other marketing initiatives and program reminder calls as needed. Responds to email requests from the website as assigned.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrates/models the hospital’s core values and customer service behaviors.
Maintains and upgrades customer service skills through continual training; remain up-to-date on appropriate computer and web technology to increase access to health-related resources; maintains and upgrade skills as software enhancements dictate.
Immediately documents/alerts Web Support and Marketing Team of any potential web site snafus and/or revisions related to classes, services, physicians which impact public access.
Supports the organization’s growth efforts by being knowledgeable about new medical staff, services, facilities, web applications and communicating information as appropriate during referral transactions.
Demonstrates safe work practices and attitudes.
Follows safety rules, works to prevent unsafe conditions and behaviors and participates in organizational and department safety programs.
Keeps Info Link Administrator and co-workers informed of changes in physician office information and/or services throughout the organization to keep current, accurate records.
Maintains confidentiality of all material handled within the hospital.
Complies with hospital and departmental policies regarding safety, attendance and dress code.
Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to provide information about appropriate specialists based on the customers symptoms, pain, testing requirements and provide information on location of provider nearest to the customer’s home, work or whatever is convenient for them.
- Requires knowledge of locations of all St. Luke's facilities including physician offices, rehab facilities, labs, Care Now Centers at all St. Luke's facilities and must be able to provide directions to these facilities if needed.
- Have a keen awareness of all network women’s services including but not limited to Behavioral Health, pediatricians, pediatric specialists, immunization, support groups, surgery, PT/OT, eye care, family practice, internist, colonoscopy, health/fitness, HIV, STD, Drug & Alcohol treatment and financial aid.
- Requires knowledge of services and/or health information/resources and outstanding web navigation skills.
- Be resourceful in locating/providing acceptable, additional community options if services not provided by SLUHN.
- Must be able to work in several programs simultaneously toggling between multiple screens including call center software, SLUHN website, medical affairs site, the internet, EAD.
- Must have an understanding of SLUHN affiliated physicians and specialists and be patient, clear and careful in handling callers seeking physician referral.
- Must be able to cross sell services i.e. if referring to an orthopedic for a back problem, also promote an upcoming class on that topic and offer to assist with registration.
- Be proactive in offering helpful information that the caller may not think to ask.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sitting for up to 7 hours per day, 4 hours at a time; standing for up to 7 hours per day, 4 hours at a time; walking for up to 2 hours a day, 1 hour at a time. Requires crouching, kneeling, and lifting of objects weighing up to 60 pounds, pushing objects weighing up to 80 pounds. Requires hand and finger dexterity to perform repairs of small equipment and to use computer equipment. Seeing as it relates to general, near, color and peripheral vision. Hearing as it relates to normal and telephone conversations.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke's!![ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to InfoLink Healthcare Navigator, Full Time, First Shift, Monday-Friday, Bethlehem[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to InfoLink Healthcare Navigator, Full Time, First Shift, Monday-Friday, Bethlehem