The Deamer Group
is currently in search of a Director of Finance
for a social service, nonprofit organization
located in Chicago, IL
. This is a permanent, full-time
role. Qualified candidates must submit a resume for consideration. Please review the full description for details.Position Summary
The Director of Finance will work under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer coordinating and directing all fiscal and business administration functions of the organization. The Director of Finance ensures the organization has the best systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and provides reports, trends, and recommendations to organizational leadership and the Board of Directors. This position supervises one accounting professional.
A successful candidate will be a have 5+ years of nonprofit accounting experience, preferably with a social services organization that receives State and Federal grants. An active CPA is also required. Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing and managing organizational budget.
- Monitors progress and metrics and reports findings to leadership.
- Oversees accounts, ledgers, and reporting systems ensuring GAAP compliance.
- Maintains internal controls and safeguards for revenue, budgets, and expenditures.
- Oversees preparation of financial reporting materials, monthly and annual financial statements, and Board reports.
- Coordinates tax and audit activities.
- Oversees financial, program, and grants accounting ensuring budgets align with appropriate grant period, and collates financial reporting materials for federal, state, and corporate/foundation grants.
- Reviews and updates processes and procedures.
- Oversees accounting system and manages upgrades.
- Leads preparation for annual audit and submits all necessary reports and documents during audit process.
- Manages organization's contracts.
- Collaborates with Human Resources for employee payroll and benefit administration. Negotiates organization's benefits and costs.
- Manages employer 401k plan.
- Attends board meetings and presents financial information.
- 5+ years' of nonprofit accounting experience in a leadership role.
- BA in Accounting or Finance required.
- CPA required.
- Demonstrated experience in State and Federal grant accounting with working knowledge of GATA requirements.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with various audiences.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office, financial accounting systems, databases, and HRIS systems with a demonstrated ability to learn new software and technology.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.