Facilities Planner - Norwood, MA
At JLL we are always looking for great talent in Facilities Management. The position listed below is for a position we will recruit for in the near future, and is not a current need. If you are a fit for this position, we will contact you as soon as we begin actively recruiting for it.
If you would like to stay up to date on positions at JLL, please join our Talent Network at jll.jobs.net/join.
About JLL –
We’re JLL. We’re a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. We have nearly 300 corporate offices across 80 countries, with a team of more than 86,000 individuals.
If you’re looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you’ll have a chance to innovate with the world’s leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You’ll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We’re focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL!
The Planner is responsible for providing planning of all non-emergency Maintenance & Operations hard services activities. This position will liaise with the maintenance teams and customers to ensure required resources are identified, planned, estimated, organized and scheduled prior to execution for efficient utilization of maintenance resources. This position will have a focus on trades such as but not limited to mechanical, HVAC , plumbing and electrical.
This position will need to work closely with other functions in the business to support business goals. In addition, this individual will have responsibility to ensure applicable business information/work order data is stored and maintained to support business decisions when needed.
- Responsible for efficient and effective planning and batching of all resources to conduct maintenance activities which result in appropriate service delivery
- Reviews, plans and prioritizes requests for work. Reviews the work to be performed, consults with customer, leads, supervisors, originator and other planners as needed and determine the optimum way to accomplish the work
- Confers/communicates with work order requesters
- Visits job sites for work order planning clarification, plans jobs with minimum supervision or technician input.
- Obtain and organize all information required for the crafts to perform the work: job plans, drawings, manuals, supplemental instructional materials, special procedures, etc
- Estimates the labor resources required for execution of a WO, reviews, estimates work order bill of materials, creates non-stock material purchase requisitions and identifies external resources required for completion of WO. Determines and arranges any tools, operational safety requirements for the completion of a WO
- Determines dates and duration to complete WOs
- Documents activities required for completion of a work order (WO) and enters details into computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Maintains building documentation, collaborates with Reliability Engineer to assist in data updates of the CMMS asset database system
- Assists in the completion of the building audit
- Works closely with M&O Scheduler to publish an accurate & complete weekly work schedule for all pre-planned and corrective work
- Coordinates with client representatives to understand their needs and to ensure the work schedule takes account of the downtime windows negotiated with clients, where necessary
- Coordination and execution of contracted services in their respective building as needed
- Coordinates testing and repair of life safety systems
- Assists the Facilities Manager in various duties,
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Technical/Vocational high school diploma/equivalent
- Associate Degree in a relevant engineering discipline, preferred
- Mechanical knowledge of Plumbing, Electrical and HVAC, Controls
- Minimum 7 years of experience in maintenance/operations of facilities or utilities with applicable skilled trade requirements
- Minimum 5 years of experience implementing maintenance repair activities in a process and building services environment, preferably in the pharmaceutical industry
- Experience with planning and scheduling of maintenance activities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Able to interact with all levels of the organization, outside contractors, technicians, architects, engineers, the customer
- Excellent time management, interpersonal & communications skills, good team player with a well-organized approach to work
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially EXCEL
- Demonstrated proficiency in an enterprise wide computerized maintenance management system (CMMS)
What you can expect from us –
We’re an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We’ll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you’ll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can’t wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.
Concrete Mixing And Batching