To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL 60601
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
First Midwest Bank • Chicago, IL
Posted 2 months ago
First Midwest, with assets over $15 billion, is the premier relationship-based banking franchise in the dynamic Chicagoland banking market. As one of the Chicago metropolitan area's largest independent bank holding companies, First Midwest provides the full range of commercial, retail banking, and wealth management services through some 120+ offices located in communities in metropolitan Chicago, Northwest Indiana, Central and Western Illinois, and Eastern Iowa.
Serve clients in a courteous and professional manner by processing a variety of transactions using good judgment and within the prescribed limits. Requires an ability to communicate effectively with prospective and current clients, colleagues and represent First Midwest Bank in a positive and professional manner.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- High School diploma or equivalent GED required, or in the process of acquiring a High School Diploma
- Minimum 6 months of cash handling, face-to-face customer service or sales experience preferred
- Effective communication, interpersonal and active listening skills
- Ability to engage clients in conversation, build rapport and handle objections
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Known to be reliable, dependable and responsible
- Possess a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- PC, 10-key, and keyboard skills preferred
- Ability to complete basic math functions
- Position requires the need to work varied hours/days including weekends and occasional overtime as business dictates. Must be able to travel to other branch locations.
- Deliver a positive client experience aimed at fulfilling client’s financial needs. Educate clients on alternative channels available for self-service and identify referral opportunities during client interactions.
- Apply product and procedural knowledge to solve client inquiries and refer clients to other lines of business to deepen relationships and build strong internal partnerships.
- Fully participate in the Bank’s sales initiatives as directed by branch management. Activities may include, but not be limited to; call nights, referrals, branch meetings and sales contests.
- Meet or exceed all established referral goals assigned by identifying the needs of potential and existing clients, offer appropriate products and services, and refer qualified clients.
- Approve transactions within assigned authority limits using discretion and independent judgment while ensuring that the Bank’s policies and security procedures are being followed.
- Assist in the development, onboarding and mentoring of new colleagues on client servicing, sales/referral activities, product knowledge and daily operations.
- May be requested to provide back-up supervisory approval/support in the absence of the Teller Supervisor.
- Ensure teller and branch daily operations and maintenance transactions are completed in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Demonstrate mastery of job skills relating to Teller operations and an excellent knowledge and understanding of Bank products, services, procedures and policies.
- Must comply with all standards for scanning teller work and cash drawer balancing daily according to Bank’s established policies and procedures.
- Responsible for opening and closing the branch under dual control.
- Maintain adequate controls to ensure compliance with consumer protection, statutes/regulations in a defined area of responsibility.
- Implement bank-directed changes relating to regulatory amendments.
- May be responsible to balance ATM’s where appropriate.
- Attend and participate in Training classes offered by First Midwest specific to the Teller position.
- Participate in all required training sessions for Compliance.