URGENT need for Registered Nurses
or Health Care Nurse Site Assistants (12 openings)
for a contract assignment in Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
. This will be a 2+ months contract role on a W-2 basis with a possibility of extension.
POSITION SPECIFICATIONS (Minimum)
• Licensed as a registered nurse in the state of practice depending on client assignment site location.
• Prior experience in occupational health preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in an acute care setting; emergency room, medical/surgical, intensive care nursing.
• Right to work and remain in the United States without sponsorship.
• PC skills
• Site Clinical Experience in Nuclear Industry
• Certified in Spirometry
• Certified in Hearing Conservation
• OSHA knowledge
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The position is to provide on-site medical examinations (regulatory physicals) for initial or renewal licenses under guidelines acceptable to the NRC staff for nuclear operators. The nurse will work predominately part-time at client site. In addition, you may be asked to travel to other client sites to perform medical examinations (regulatory physicals).
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Provides medical testing and examinations including all appropriate resources, evaluates, records on paper in the electronic medical record and communicates test results to meet regulation and policy requirements.
• The nurse must be capable of perform the following tests/ functions: vision testing (near, far and Ishihara), audiometry, EKG (12 lead), Spirometry, perform finger stick, draw blood for laboratory testing, urine dip testing, prepare drawn blood and urine for shipment to laboratory, height/weight/BMI/body fat analysis (measure neck, waist, hip circumference as indicated), blood pressure, pulse, temperature as required by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
• The nurse is responsible for maintaining the required state license which grants authority to perform medical assessments.
• Performs urgent care and provides intervention for injuries and/or illnesses which impact the employee's or contractor’s ability to perform in the work place.
• Maintain confidential employee/contractor medical records, including medical surveillance exams, injury and illness reporting in accordance with HIPPA guidelines.
Medical Surgical Nursing