Affordable housing laid the foundation of Related Companies and we continue to place a high priority on developing, acquiring and preserving housing for this sector. In fact, over 60% of our 50,000+ residential apartment homes under our management are part of one or more affordable housing programs, and an additional 20% of these homes provide workforce housing.
In the area of acquisitions and refinancing, we pursue properties that meet one of the following criteria: Section 8 properties with project-based contracts; Section 236 properties in need of rehabilitation; Section 42 LIHTC properties with expiring low-income restrictions; Section 515 FmHA properties with loans that can be prepaid; or other assisted properties, including HODAG, HOME, federal or state-financed public housing.
Many of the buildings we encounter are in need of substantial upgrading and preservation in order to continue to properly fulfill the needs of their tenants. Given our 42 years of experience in debt and equity financing – as well as our extensive management of government-assisted properties – we are well positioned to buy out existing owners who lack the resources and experience to recapitalize and, therefore, wish to exit the affordable housing arena. In addition, with our extensive development experience, we bring the knowhow to expertly rehabilitate the units, thus assuring the continued viability of these projects for years to come.
The Procurement Analyst and Project Coordinator will be responsible for all aspects of sourcing and procurement including strategic sourcing, supplier relationship management, procurement and tactical purchasing. This effort will require working with all Related field operations leadership to document existing spend management processes and new procurement process. This individual will arrange cooperation with suppliers, negotiating of more favorable prices for resources and services and monitoring of contractual terms.
- Partner with field operations leadership to ensure site-level procurement needs / requirements are met
- Manage effectively to support, develop and execute initiatives that reduce cost in property operations; for example, in areas such as maintenance, repairs & operations, telecom/copiers, property vendors, landscapers and extermination
- Ensure that maximum cost savings are achieved while protecting brand quality at portfolio companies
- Collect and analyze Affordable East site-level data to support decision-making groups
- Assist with defining, measuring, and tracking categories for spending to provide targeted analyses of budget
- Negotiate costs, specifications, and timelines with vendors and suppliers, ensuring beneficial contracts
- Coordinate payment, delivery, scheduling, and organization of purchases
- Manage analytical data using spreadsheets and databases while simultaneously overseeing multiple disciplines of ongoing projects
- Demonstrate full knowledge of each project’s status and goals
- Communicate notice of changes with Contractors, Community Managers and Service Managers (i.e. addendums on offers currently being procured, project status changes, change orders, etc.)
- 0-2 years of Procurement experience in a fast-paced environment
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college/university
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including excellent telephone skills)
- Ability and commitment to learn new material quickly and further develop skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Experience with MS-Office (solid knowledge of Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Able to effectively manage time, meet deadlines, learn new tasks and skills, and willingness to what is necessary to get the job done
- Ability to work on several projects at once while continuing to perform day-to-day activities
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work independently with attention to details
- Strong analytical ability
Benefits and Features:
- Incentive bonus program
- Training and development programs
- Benefits including: Medical, Dental, Life & Disability, Paid Time Off, 401(K) + matching, Flexible Spending Accounts
Related is an Equal Opportunity Employer