Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
At Houston Methodist, the Senior Operations Specialist will work on the Payroll and Time & Attendance systems. This position provides support to the department leadership team with daily operations and strategic initiatives. This position will serve as a subject matter expert in areas which include but not limited to, supporting system upgrades, system patches, configuration, conducting quality assurance testing and ensuring deliverables are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Functions as a team leader to accomplish department specific projects that involve the use of the department specific software or database.
2. Works collaboratively with teams and take a lead roll to perform the duties of liaison with Information Technology.
3. Leads department efforts for testing and auditing as changes and upgrades are implemented by IT, working out issues with customers and vendor, and coordinating communication of changes to customers.
4. Take a lead role in working with software vendor to communicate issues and work on resolutions.
5. Provides project management support to manage department specific timelines and milestones and manage department deliverables. Manages workload and workload of junior members to ensure timelines and deliverables are met.
6. Interface with IT or software vendor to define business requirements for software development and/or customization and implementation.
7. Mentors junior department members.
8. Provides analysis and trending expertise to identify areas for improvement and lead process improvement projects. Anticipates project requirements and facilitates completion of tasks.
College degree required (Bachelor of Accounting preferred)
A combination of relevant experience, certifications, and education.
Minimum of 3 years Payroll/Human Resources experience.
Served on the implementation team for at least 1 payroll implementation and 1 major upgrade or conversion is preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED:
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification is preferred, but not required.
Normal office environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.