A career at Citizens is unlike a career at any other insurance company, because Citizens is unlike any other insurance company.
If you are looking for an opportunity in which you can stretch to your full potential, expand your knowledge and grow your career, you have found it.
Winner of the 2017 WorldatWork Seal of Distinction, one of only seven companies throughout Florida to receive this award, Citizens is a diverse team of professionals helping people and communities throughout Florida.
At Citizens, employees do more than live up to their potential - they exceed it.
So what are you waiting for? Come discover the career you never expected - at Citizens.
POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for managerial direction and operational accountability of internal, external and/or contracted claim personnel to ensure attainment of objectives, productivity and adherence to company policies and procedures and fulfillment of customer service expectations. The position mandates successful completion of all requirements of Fundamental Claims School and achieving the required level of proficiency. Proactively manage litigation pending files to a timely and appropriate resolution.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL, BASIC AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION. THESE FUNCTIONS ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES, DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED.
- Facilitates a work environment that fosters and supports ethical decision-making and actions by motivating, promoting and modeling ethical behavior, as well as executing job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values, ethics and information protection policies.
- Responsible for managing claim personnel to include hiring, training, performance assessment, planning and delegation of work load, coaching and motivating to improve quality and quantity of work performed.
- Conducts Open and Closed File Reviews to evaluate and document overall operational value.
- Communicates with agents, policyholders, Claims Unit personnel, Underwriting, Human Resources, Accounting, and Claims Management.
- Participates in developing and executing Department strategies and plans.
- Develops, analyzes and reports metrics useful in measuring team performance as well as effectiveness of the claims operations.
- Keeps current on industry activity and trends and reports to upper management.
- Participates in creation and management of annual Department budget.
- Makes staffing recommendations.
- Participates as required in Catastrophe Response planning and execution.
- Responsible for managing contingent workers; including deployment, deactivation, planning, delegation and quality assurance.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of property claims practices, claims litigation and legal terminology.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and be self-motivated.
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage budgets.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team; to lead, follow and collaborate.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field with skills transferable to insurance OR 4 years of relevant experience OR a combination of college education and relevant work experience equivalent to 4 years.
- 2 or more years of supervisor/managerial experience or experience leading complex projects or teams.
- Within 90 days of hire, a valid, active and appropriate Florida Adjuster license and Appointment will be required and maintained, as a condition of continued employment.
- 5 or more years of experience relating to P&C claims; to include personal and/or commercial lines.
- With 2 or more of those years handling claims litigation; including personal and/or commercial lines.
- JD with 1 year of adjusting experience OR the designation of Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU)
- JD, licensed to practice law in Florida and in good standing with The Florida Bar, is exempt from adjuster licensure at hire and has either:
- 6 months adjusting experience OR 6 or more months of insurance claims litigation experience OR the CPCU designation
- 7 or more years of experience relating to P&C claims; to include personal and/or commercial lines (Personal & Commercial).
- 4 or more years of supervisory experience with two (2) or more of those years relating to insurance.
- Strong knowledge of Florida P&C Insurance marketplace including matters of coverage, damage assessment, legal climate and claims law.
- Active Florida Adjuster license (620 or 644).
- Industry designations and/or certifications.
- 4 or more years claims litigation experience.
This position requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, hear and converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer. Must be mobile, operate a motor vehicle, climb roofs and work in a highly energetic and flexible work environment. Position may require periodic overnight travel including lengthy catastrophe response.
In addition to a competitive salary, Citizens offers its employees an outstanding total rewards package, including:
- Retirement savings plan with an 8 percent company match
- Medical, dental and group life insurance
- Paid time off: vacation, sick and holiday leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Professional and leadership development opportunities
- Flexible work schedule
- On-site wellness activities
- Employee recognition programs
- Relocation assistance (where applicable)
- Community and volunteering opportunities
- Casual dress and more
Citizens is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.