Lead Systems Engineer
The Lead System Engineer is the primary engineering resource for one or more concurrent system jobs. This senior level engineer must work independently, often on multiple projects, and prioritize tasks based on general guidance from management. Duties include some project management of each job, and a high level of responsibility for the outcome of the project. Leadership of other project team members and technical review of all engineering disciplines on a project is required. Engineering tasks often include programming a robot and vision system, CAD design of mechanical components, and specification of vendor-supplied equipment. Sales assistance and applications engineering are also typical subsets of this position. Documentation of work done on each job is the responsibility of the engineer on each job. Lead Systems Engineer Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for meeting project deadlines.
• Responsible for meeting project budget estimates.
• Coordinate meetings between company and customers, or vendors.
• Collaborate with a customer on an approach to a problem.
• Develop appropriate solution for customer problem.
• Advise customers as technical expert before and after sale.
• Write project specifications.
• Provide equipment startup supervision or assistance at on-site and customer site.
• Conceptual design of automation and motion control and robotic solutions to customer problems.
• Design in CAD of solutions.
• Creation of drawing and documentation packages.
• Creation of user manuals for programs written.
• Creation, maintenance and communication of Bill of Materials.
• Setup and program robotic systems.
• Setup and program vision systems.
• Task supervision of Mechanical Designer position.
• Perform internal design reviews with all project disciplines.
• Work with purchasing department to acquire material necessary to complete projects.
• Assist in sales calls.
• Provide estimates for quotation of systems.
• Other duties as assigned. Lead Systems Engineer Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• 4-year college degree majoring in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Industrial Engineering.
• 6-10 years of technical/professional training.
• Knowledge of motion control, robotics, vision systems and automation are also preferred.
• Capital equipment design experience is preferred, preferably in the food packaging industry.
• Working knowledge of SolidWorks 3D design software preferred.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks with a diversity of problems.
• Most work is done independently without close supervision.
• Computer skills are required at an advanced level.
• Must exhibit the capability to generate problem solutions, serve as an advisor or consultant, develop operating procedures, and influence another employees’ work.
• Exhibit leadership qualities to coordinate team activities and be a team leader of a group consisting of 2-5 other employees.
• Required to control costs, adhere to a schedule, and improve the quality of a product/service.
Staffmark makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, medical condition, age, marital status, national origin, citizen status, political affiliation, union membership, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran status, denial of medical or family leave, pregnancy or pregnancy disability leave or any other protected group status as defined by federal, state or local law. We will provide reasonable accommodations throughout the application or interviewing process. If you require a reasonable accommodation, contact us. Staffmark is an E-verify employer.