Atkore International Group Inc. is a leading manufacturer of Electrical Raceway products, primarily for the non-residential construction and renovation markets, and Mechanical Products -amp; Solutions for the construction and industrial markets. Our mission is to be the customer-rsquo;s first choice for electrical raceway and mechanical products and solutions, by providing unmatched quality, delivery and value based on sustainable excellence in strategy, people and processes.
Our business is comprised of two reporting segments, Electrical Raceway and Mechanical Products -amp; Solutions, with total annual revenue of $1.6 B. Electrical Raceway has 2 business units, Cable Solutions and Conduit -amp; Fittings, totaling just over $1B in annual revenue. Mechanical Products is a stand-alone business unit with about $600M in annual revenue.
Our global locations include 58 manufacturing and distribution centers in the US, Canada, the United Kingdom, China, Australia, and New Zealand with over 3,600 employees.
We are currently searching for a Warehouse Supervisor to be based out of Harvey, Illinois. Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, this person will be responsible for managing all distribution functions for the Harvey location, including safety programs, shipping -amp; receiving, inventory management, and warehousing on their assigned shift. This position will lead a department of approximately 25 employees represented by a union. The Distribution Center is presently working three shifts M-F, with occasional Saturday work. This position may be assigned to any shift within the department, but will primarily work late evening to early morning most days following initial training.
The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of previous supervisory experience in the metal industry. Experience in lean manufacturing or business system-based company is a plus.
Additional Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Working closely with our Customer Service, Manufacturing, Inventory Control, and Transportation departments.
- Oversee the assigned shift operations including distribution, warehousing and fulfillment operations.
- Maintain and enhance existing standard work.
- Coordinate and plan all activity on the distribution center docks, including the timing and location for carriers to be loaded.
- Achievement of financial objectives for shift by managing controllable expenses.
- Development of a safety culture in which all safety related programs are current, monitored, and enforced.
- Drive consistency and cost reduction through the creation and implementation of improvements to our standard work.
- Develop and implement processes to improve the Service Factor rate, Atkore-rsquo;s measure of on-time delivery.
- Ensure that the team honors our Atkore core values of Accountability, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence in all aspects of their daily work.
- High School diploma required, bachelor-rsquo;s degree preferred.
- 3-5 years-rsquo; experience working in a high-volume Distribution Center in a supervisory role, with focus on receiving, picking, and shipping.
- Experience in managing distribution center KPI compliance.
- Trained in development and mentoring of all distribution center team members.
- Track record of continuous improvement in safety metrics and program management.
- Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills that have resulted in strategic and tactical goal attainment.
- Experience participating in cross functional Kaizen and Lean events.
- Comprehensive oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Extensive experience with WMS and Scanning Systems operations and capabilities. JD Edwards preferred.
- Experience with WMS implementations a plus.
- Management experience in a union environment is preferred, but not required.
- Travel less than 5%.
- Ability to relocate is preferred, but not required.
Our Culture Drives Value
Atkore-rsquo;s culture is created from the disciplined use of the Atkore Business System (ABS), which is a critical part of our mission and a foundational system based on excellence in People, Strategy, and Processes, tied together with Lean Daily Management (LDM) to manage and sustain the business we have today, and Strategy Deployment Process (SDP) to create the business we aspire to become.
Having the right talent in the right roles enables successful ABS execution, improves our customer-rsquo;s experience, and delivers breakthrough results. Said another way, that-rsquo;s how we win!
Great Leaders Drive Value
Atkore is committed to creating an engaged and aligned workplace that helps drive an accountable and performance-based culture. Our team possesses a willingness to strive for breakthrough results, stays focused on being standout leaders, and fully supports decisions of the Company after robust debate. We consistently live the Atkore mission, learn our strategic priorities and link behaviors to those priorities, all in a way that-rsquo;s consistent with our core values. Together, we build stronger leaders and improve customer satisfaction which positively increases the overall value of the enterprise.
Atkore Delivers Value to You
By joining Atkore, you can expect to receive a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with company match, flexible spending accounts, tuition reimbursement, as well as life, accident and disability insurance. In addition, Atkore offers wellness programs and employee assistance resources to help employees achieve a healthy work-life balance.
Our dedicated employees are recognized for their commitment to our customers and making our company better than it was the day before.
Atkore International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Atkore International is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future, through the understanding that awareness and acceptance of our individual difference enhance inclusion and promote engagement and alignment. Diversity and inclusion are keys to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Join our team and align yourself with an industry leader!
Coaching And Mentoring