Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
The Training Specialist - EHS is responsible for implementing, creating, maintaining, and updating Employer Health Services (Occupational Health Services) training materials and documentation across the MedExpress platform. This may include on-going compliance and regulatory training, new hire training, and professional development training. This position will work closely with the EHS Operations team to ensure that education; training and development activities are conducted, managed, and maintained and may also contribute to other various operational training throughout MedExpress.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Utilize virtual training methods and travel to centers to provide EHS training to MedExpress employees pre- and post- center opening as needed (on-site or virtually)
- Ensure appropriate training of all employees on EHS programs, collaborating with internal and external resources
- Provides train the trainer sessions for peers to expand training team expertise
- Assists management with evaluation of staff following trainings
- Provides regular feedback to new hires and management on their proficiency and performance during training
- Provides coaching support to staff pre- and post- center opening to ensure compliance and consistency
- Assists management with problem solving training (e.g., IT issues, common mistakes, system errors etc.)
- Maintains accurate training records and notes
- Maintain accurate metrics, as required, including timely and thorough completion of all necessary program assignments, progress reports and other required documentation
- Responsible for staying current on all ME policy and procedural updates and applying updates to curriculum and learning materials
- Gather and assess evaluation data on an on-going basis
- Responsible for documenting and designing effective performance support media, such as job aids
- Ensure training content, materials and process are refreshed and current
- Facilitates and participates in strategic collaboration focused on center performance and employee development
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associates degree or higher
- 1+ years of clinical experience (RN, LPN, RT, MA, EMT, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience in teaching, presenting and/or training
- Ability to travel 75% of the time, would consider 50% based on experience
- Solid knowledge of training needs assessment models and methodologies
- Knowledge and usage of Microsoft Office Suite
- Evidence of exceptional time management and organizational skills, with an ability to juggle multiple commitments and projects within tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a solid team-oriented environment
- Ability to build partnerships across various business functions
- Excellent verbal communication and writing skills
- Solid customer service skills
- Urine Drug Screen (UDS) and Breath Alcohol Training (BAT) certified (*may be obtained within first 90 days)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $20.77 to $36.88. The hourly range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $22.93 to $40.58. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: training, adult learning, training specialist, professional development, healthcare, human resources, virtual training, train the trainer, employer health services, EHS, EHS trainer, clinical training, BAT, UDS, Urine drug screen, breath alcohol training, MedExpress