AMETEK, Inc. is a $4.7B global diversified manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices.
AMETEK is well positioned in highly competitive market segments, each with compelling growth characteristics. We expect continued business growth through the execution of our four key strategies: Operational Excellence, Strategic Acquisitions, New Products, and Global & Market Expansion. Supporting those strategies are 17,000 associates employed across 30 countries.
At AMETEK, we are committed to a corporate culture that values diversity and fosters a work environment that enables colleagues to develop meaningful and rewarding careers. We consider ourselves responsible corporate citizens and are committed to operating our facilities in an environmentally responsible manner. We also are sensitive to the needs of our communities, and, as a company, support programs that help those communities meet their health, education and social needs.
AMETEK is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: AME) and a component of the S&P 500
Sensors and Fluid Management Systems
Our Sensors and Fluid Management Systems Business Unit has designed and manufactured aircraft sensors for over 60 years, starting with the first U.S. aircraft engine applications and serves both the military and commercial markets. We offer custom design and engineering services and high quality manufacturing standards to measure many aircraft operating parameters including temperature, speed, pressure, flow, and level. Our product portfolio consists of high temperature thermocouples, speed sensors, fuel gauging systems, fuel level and temperature sensors, lube oil level and temperature sensors, hydraulic level and temperature sensors, waste water level sensors, fuel flowmeters and flow switches, pressure sensors, accelerometers, angle of attack and other air data system sensors and cables and harnesses.
The Manager, Quality Engineering will be responsible for supporting quality engineering requirements for new product development activities, customer quality approvals, production support and continuous process improvement efforts ensuring continued compliance to AS9100 Rev. D, ISO9001:2008, and applicable Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regulations. This position will also function as primary liaison for various customers in order to resolve quality issues, ensure appropriate flow down of quality requirements, enable positive channels of communication, and ensure customer satisfaction, i.e. maintain an effective corrective/preventive action system for internal and external problems.
This position reports directly to the Director of Quality Engineering with a strong dotted line to the facility production manager.
• Timely problem identification & resolution of production line work stoppages to support customer on time deliveries.
• Coordinate customer evaluations for reported product failures or other complaints and drive corrective action to closure of the issue.
• Represent Quality Engineering on new product development teams and smoothly transition new designs into production.
• Perform contract reviews for new customers/products by reviewing customer purchase orders, product/quality specifications and any other documentation to ensure delivered products meets or exceeds customer expectations.
• Review Engineering Orders and participate in new design product/design review in order to ensure quality requirements are identified and captured in appropriate documentation.
• Develop, prepare and implement Quality Program Plans for new and existing customers and products.
• Function as primary liaison for various customers in order to resolve quality issues, ensure appropriate flow down of quality requirements, enable positive channels of communication, and ensure customer satisfaction.
• Provide FAA Designated Manufacturing Inspection Representative (DMIR) services for product designs.
• Participate in MRB activities, provide guidance with customer MRB requirements and assist in corrective action.
• Coordinate and perform internal audits, update and prepare schedule, review and prepare final reports, and provide overall report on progress of audit program to management.
• Participate on cross-functional teams to implement Operational Excellence Initiatives (6 Continuous Flow Manufacturing, 5S, Kaizen Tools) in the manufacturing shop.
• Provide status of internal and external corrective actions, ensure responses are adequate to prevent recurrence of nonconformance and report progress of corrective actions to management.
• Manage supplier assessment, qualification and performance of supplier base, which includes assessing, and qualifying new and existing suppliers through on-site audits and monitoring receiving inspection performance
• Manage day-to-day tactical and long-term strategic activities within the business to achieve Quality and OTD delivery metrics as established the implementation plans.
• Bachelor of Science in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering required.
• Minimum 10-15 years’ experience as a Sr. Quality Engineer or 7-10 years as a Quality Manager in a manufacturing environment. Aerospace and/or space application manufacturing environment is preferred.
• AS9100 D Internal Auditing training/certification
• Must be a prior FAA DMIR or obtain FAA DMIR certification and periodically attend off-site FAA training and related seminars to remain certified
• Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing/DFM direct project leadership experience a plus
• Experience working with customers on new products and reject root cause/corrective action resolution is a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.
Total Quality Management
Provide Technical Guidance