Apex Systems is looking for Genome Editing Scientist! This is a permanent opportunity for a fast-growing agriculture company in the St. Louis area.
We are actively seeking a Genome Editing Scientist to develop new and improved applications for genome editing chemistries. This includes improving rates of homology directed repair and target multiplexing in several plant species. Working with other members of the genome editing team, this position will maintain a strong knowledge of CRISPR chemistry, develop scientific strategies, and deliver on objectives for improving the utility of our CRISPR platform.
- Define and prioritize new genome editing applications for improvement
- Solicit ideas from a broad range of scientific talent
- Work cross functionally with other scientists to develop technologies that will be implemented across several plant species and product concepts
- Develop scientific strategies and goals for tackling challenging projects
- Execute on strong experimental designs related to genome editing in model and target plants species
- Share the results of your work with other scientists involved in genome editing and product development
- Leverage your knowledge to help advance team goals and create new products
- Identifying creative solutions to scientific problems that result in action-based outcomes
- Working with a diverse team of people to achieve common goals
- Designing and executing genome editing experiments in plants that require a deep knowledge of cell biology, molecular biology, and CRISPR chemistry
- Analyzing complex data and communicating results to technical experts
- PhD in molecular biology, plant biology, biochemistry, or cell biology
- Minimum of 3-7 years of experience in genome editing and/or plant cell biology
- Work history of strong technical execution
- Must be able to effectively communicate project concepts and results with internal and external technical experts
- Must have excellent written, communication, and presentation skills, with excellent time and program management skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178