Have you ever considered all of the technology and talent that goes into producing a gift card or a hotel key card? Maybe you should!
Let's talk about all of the expertise involved in delivering functional print products to the world's most recognized and respected brands -- and where you might fit in.
PLI is the largest Hospitality, Gift, and Loyalty Card manufacturer on the planet. But we know size without stature is meaningless. Being the biggest is the purposeful result of our determined drive to be the best. Dedicated to our customers' success. Invested in our employees' goals and achievements. We work hard. We play hard.
We nurture our own and give back to our communities. We don't just manufacture an impressive variety of card products. We deliver solutions in card form.
Shift: Monday to Friday, 5:45 AM -- 2:15 PM
- Sets up and operates flexographic printing press to print designs or lettering on rolls of flexible plastic film, paper, and nonabsorbent stock for use in making products, such as plastic, paper, or waxed paper bags, and paper drinking cups: Reads job order and mounts specified rubber plate and printing dies on the cylinder, installs cylinder on shaft, and secures assembly in bed of the press.
- Fills ink pans with prescribed inks or dyes.
- Moves levers to engage dye rolls, adjusting the position of cylinder to print two or more colors without overlapping or smearing previously printed area.
- Inserts shaft through the core of paper or plastic roll and secure roll on to press in feed position.
- Splices end of the roll to trailer sheet remaining in the press, using tape, and turns handwheel to regulate roll tension and feed as directed.
- Starts press, adjusting speed, tension, and alignment of the printing plate as necessary.
- Cuts sample of printed material from the end of printed roll and inspects for imperfections, such as blurred or off-center impressions.
- Cleans rubber plate, and cylinder, using solvent, and lubricates press as needed, using grease gun.
- May mix inks or dyes to produce desired colors.
- May operate press equipped with laminator attachment to print and laminate polyethylene or cellophane sheeting.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Sit, speak, hear and comprehend
- Stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms on a daily basis
- Lift up to 50 pounds on a regular basis
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus and see colors with acuity
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in an indoor setting, but may be exposed to:
- Variable temperature conditions indoor and outside (occasionally extreme heat or extreme cold)
- Moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and dust and/or mite hazards
- Moderate noise environment
PLI Card Marketing Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.